Job after filing and case closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job after filing and case closed?

Ok, so a couple questions I thought maybe someone here could answer. We filed 10-12-09. After we filed, I received a phone from a friend of mine who owns a janitorial service offering me a job cleaning 2 nights a week. The pay is about $300 a month. At the time I was not sure how much I would be making. When we had our 341 meeting in November, I didn't mention this to the TT as I had not received pay and did not know how much I would be making. I did not receive any money prior to the 341 for the job and actually did not get any money until right before Christmas. We were closed in January and what I am a little worried about is when the TT gets our tax return if she will question the extra income. I did report that I had worked for the same lady the beginning of last Summer, and that was never even brought up. I honestly didn't even remember to mention it at the 341. It is such a small amount per month, and we are still way below the means test and I have seen in other posts where people have said as long as it is not more than 10% of your yearly income, it isn't even relevent. If it does come up I am pretty sure she will understand, but I just want to make sure I am not overthinking this. Also, our only asset is our tax refund, which has already been sent to the TT and we are awaiting our closing. The last day for creditors to file claims is March 3rd and I am wondering is how long after that till we close? Thanks!

You have nothing to worry about.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I'd agree with OhioFiler. An extra $300/month that you start receiving after you file bankruptcy won't affect your ability to continue with your case coming to a proper end.
      The trustee might object to your bankruptcy if the new job paid enough that you could easily cover all of your bills and pay down your debts, but $300/m won't do that.

--William
      I am an attorney, but I am just not your attorney.
      As such, any statement is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

Thank you for easing my mind!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X