top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BK7 not discharged until 30 days after 61st day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK7 not discharged until 30 days after 61st day?

My last day for objections was 12/1 which was the 60th day from the 341 meeting. Anyway today is the 67th day or so. I was expecting a quick discharge since there was no problems or objections. I called my lawyer and they told me to call the clerk and ask them. I called the clerk and she looked up my case and told me that it would not discharge until 30 days after the last objection date. I asked if she meant it could take up to 30 days, and she said it would happen 30 days after, 90 days total from the 341 meeting and it was an automated computer process and not before.

I know this isnt right, but what can I do? The filing was in North Carolina.

I made my lawyer call the clerk... I got my discharge and close that day. I believe it was day 67 that I got it.

I filed in Charlotte NC...
    07/31/2009 - Filed Chapter 7 Western District NC
    09/02/2009 - 341 Meeting - DONE!
    11/02/2009 - Final date for objections
    11/09/2009 - Discharged & Closed!!!

Comment

Well I called my lawyers office and they basically said there was nothing they could do and we have to wait. They have been really good until this point but said it might not be discharged until end of Jan. I even offered to pay for their time if they were to call.

Its BS I know. I will most likely call the clerk again later this week and maybe get someone else, maybe I will get a different answer.

Comment

It has to do with the courts being so back up nothing more. I called several times and the clerks won't budge. They pretty much told me when they get to it, they get to it. I was 116 days to discharge.
        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
        Discharged: 11/30/2009
        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X