What can I do about this????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I do about this????

We filed chapter 7 bk in 2002 and it was discharged in 1/03. One of the accts we had was Nextel. We had signed up w/ them w/ 30 days to return phones- we returned w/ delivery confirmation and they kept sending us bills for over $1000. So we declared on them and as soon as we did they changed the acct # and started sending us new bills, so we added that # to our BK as well. Since the BK I have gone every year to get our free credit report and have to dispute them every time. I dispute, it gets removed and then a month later it is back on my credit. Now they have put it on my credit as a collection under Sprint. We have never used Sprint. What can I do about this? I disputed it again but this will be the 3rd time! Luckily it said it will be off the report 7 years after acct was opened which should be soon- however it said not until 6/10 and we did not open an acct with them in 6/03. I would really appreciate any help with this- we went for a loan on a car and they brought up this acct.

I would dispute on the credit reports just like you are doing and then you should contact your bk attorney and maybe there is a letter that can be sent to them stating that they need to stop putting this on your report, etc. This is wrong and they need to be told in a legal fashion!!!! Good luck and don't give up on this -- persistence beats resistance!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X