Still wondering what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still wondering what to do?

I am current on everything right now but it's getting tougher all the time and will soon be behind. If I file for chapter 13, I will be in a 100% pay back of $2100 per month for 60 months for a total of 126K. Here is my situation.

age: 62 Income: VA, retirement pension, Social security. Accordingly to my attorney, these cannot be touch by creditors. Everything I own are under the exemptions for my state. House, is under the homestead act amounts. I will stay in this house until they move me to the old folks home or assisted living facilities

Basically, my attorney told me that the creditors will just call me a lot once I stop paying the credit card bills. He said somewhere down the road they might even sue but I could send them a notarized document showing my exemptions and they most likely wouldn't waste the fee's. ( no one know's) He said there is no way for them to collection a judgement against me.

I realize my credit will be shot and my auto and home insurance policy's will be going up. I am looking at a couple of other options like debt repayment but read a lot of negative remarks about that. Also could try to settle with them after not paying them for awhile.

I am pretty much collection proof...right now. That is subject to change. I am seeing other lawyers, since I had an around 90 percent payback on 138K. I am only about 3 months behind on 3, and just entered nonpayment on two more. Some are current (big purchases or cross collaterals.) I can afford to live quite nicely without the five I quit paying.

Ultimately whether I lawyer up or pro se, I will file. I don't see myself running forever and I want to be ready if they do sue. In the meantime I will put some money away, up my 401K and my exemptions so I won't pay as much to the IRS, and get rid of this year's taxes.

With extra money from not paying CCs, the insurance increases won't matter that much...if they raise them thru the roof move on to someone else.
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X