No announcement yet.

Lease or Buy???? Need advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simrn, I deleted the links in your signature. It's against our forum rules to use links like these in your signature unless you have prior permission from our administrator, Lazar, or until you make 100 quality posts in the forums.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Keep your $5k and just finance a cheap, reliable used car, e.g Honda, Toyota, etc. KEEP MONEY IN THE BANK!!! There are plently of low mileage reliable used cars on the market. And if repair costs is a concern of yours just look into buying an extended warranty. Why burden yourself with an expensive car note right now...especially when you consider the current economic climate.
      Last edited by HRx; 03-11-2008, 03:04 AM.
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by emoney View Post
        In this discussion I would like to offer some facts on this subject.

The most expensive miles driven in a car occur durning its first few years. So in a lease you are paying a rather high rate per mile or year of ownership in a lease becasue the car is new.
        Then there is the problem in "over mileage or under mileage" to settle up at the end of the lease.
        There is now tax savings in ownership or a lease.
        So why are there car leases you ask. Well they are encouraged by the car makers becasue it helps them sell new cars.
        Regards,
        emoney
        There are tax savings for those that can deduct mileage for business...in the case of a lease, the entire amount is deductible instead of just the per cent mileage used for business...
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

If I didn't commute as much as I did, or just galavant around I would consider leasing since I like the feel of a new car and less maintenance issues as the car gets older. My mileage w/in one year was like 35,000. So leasing would not be a good option for me at least. I do tend to get rid of my rides at around 100,000, to me after THAT, the car just eats up more money in maintenance issues.

Catchmeifyoucan
          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I like the feel of a new car and less maintenance issues
            Problem is, that is the mentality people need to break. That is the reasoning why someone like Debtmonster has $1600+ in car payments that he cannot afford.

The problem is, buyers rarely have a mechanism to objectively evaluate a car deal. All the look at is general price, condition, and monthly payment. But they rarely delve into the numbers and do the homework to really evaluate a car deal or come-up with some rule about affordability.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X