Flags in Pacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flags in Pacer

Here's a question for all of you wonderdul people.

What causes flags to be place in PACER? Who enters the flags?
    What do these flags mean: Flags: DebtEdDue, MEANSNO

I saw this on one case and I'm curious.
    Thanks for your help.

The flags are entered by the clerk of the BK court. Sometimes they are automatic and sometimes they are entered by the clerk manually.

DebtEdDue: Proof of the debtors attendance of a Debt Education Course has not been filed.

Comment

MEANSNO means the debtor has no assets.

Comment

Meansno

MEANSNO is a good tag. Means there is no assumption of abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by biotechsolution View Post
          MEANSNO is a good tag. Means there is no assumption of abuse.

How can the clerk determine that? Or is this determined by the lawyer and just copied by the clerk?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
            The flags are entered by the clerk of the BK court. Sometimes they are automatic and sometimes they are entered by the clerk manually.

DebtEdDue: Proof of the debtors attendance of a Debt Education Course has not been filed.

Is this for the course before filing or for the course after you file?
            Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by inhocknow View Post
              How can the clerk determine that? Or is this determined by the lawyer and just copied by the clerk?
              The flags are determined by your trustee. The clerk enters whatever the trustee has decided about your case.
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by inhocknow View Post

Thank you for your help.
                The Trustee reviews your paperwork.

Most likely, your Means Test said "No Presumption of Abuse" and the Trustee agreed.

The Clerk made that notation on PACER per the Trustee's direction.
                Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                Discharged - 12/2006
                Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Thanks for the help.
                  I saw on pacer that someone filed and in the same day it had the "meansno" flag.
                  How do they determine that in the same day as the filing? They review the cases that quickly?
                  Thanks for your input.

Comment

Based on the information provided whn filing such as the means test. But if the trustee finds somthing later that can change.
                    Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

Hello folks, thats for all of your help.
                      Do all people who file for bk protection who pass the means tests get a flag thats reads "meansno" initially?
                      Has anyone ever had the flag change from "meansno" to something more negative later on?
                      Do the trustees review the cases in the same day that they are filed? I saw about 10 cases and in all of the cases, the flag was placed noting "meansno"
                      This means that the trustees are reviewing the cases in the same day? Maybe they tend to trust certain lawyers more then others? Thanks for all of your great help, feedback and thoughts.

Comment

Pacer

INHOCKNOW I want to warn you in advance that just by your posting in researching all those cases. don't be surprised if you see a $250 dollar PACER bill next quarter.........

Comment

I filed my ch 7 yesterday and had a flag today that sait DebtEdDue, I am assuming that this means the post education class, because I did the pre filing class and submitted the certificate with my papers. Any answers on this?

Comment

Yes, that means the post-filing course is now due...go ahead and get it over with and you will see that disappear!

Comment

I thought that I couldn't do the post filing course until after the 341 meeting.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X