top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never thought to add pool to list of household good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never thought to add pool to list of household good!

I was outside today playing with my son and was looking at our pathetic above ground pool. The deck is really nice but the pool needs a new liner so we may not even open it this year.

Well it hit me... Oh my gosh we never mentioned we had a pool! or my sons swing set. Everything is filed now so I dont know what to do. When the attorney was asking us questions he mentioned lawn mowers, snow blowers, grills, tools, fishing poles & bikes.

Could this be a potential problem? or would the above ground pool be considered part of the home? We did just have an appraisal.

Ugh... its always something.
    5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
    8/27-DISCHARGED
    11/2 - CLOSED
    EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

The resale value of a above ground pool is not much I wouldn't worry about it. Is the pool considered in the value of your house or not because its above ground? If the swing sets post is in the ground I would consider it part of the house also. Good luck. Dragonnfly
    Filed Ch 7 - 04/08/2008 - Done
    341 continued 06/30/2008
    Last day for objections - 08/01/2008
    Discharged 08/13/2008

Comment

The swing set is one of those giant wooden ones. Another example of how one spares no expense when using credit cards. Its concreted into the ground.

We do not have a copy of our appraisal to see if these things were added.
      5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
      8/27-DISCHARGED
      11/2 - CLOSED
      EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

I would think the pool would be considered part of the house. I am not sure about the swing set though.
        Last edited by Cali; 06-04-2008, 02:55 PM.

Comment

if the swing set is concreted in then it will be expected to be left with the house, however it really does not hold any resale value. I would actually say the same with the above ground pool.

To be honest when we were looking at homes we considered an above ground pool to decrease the value because we would have planned on removing it. Even an inground pool does't really add cash value to a home. I think you will be fine!
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Similar setup at my house

Deck next to above ground pool and wood playset/towers set in concrete. Our attorney said they were part of the house valuation and not listed as separate. I had asked the same question. Scrap metal value for the pool if it had no deck, possibly, and wasn't dug into the ground on one end. But nothing for me to worry about, he said.
            August '05 Business failed.
            Spring '06 Found this site, thank heavens
            Chap 7 (no asset) filed 11/10/06; 341:1/31/07
            disharged 2/26; closed 4/17/07

Comment

I vote part of the house also. No resale value either so would not worry about it.

ep
              California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. I have a good friend who is a real estate agent for Century 21 and she hates trying to sell houses with swimming pools. The first thing her office does is hire somebody (which I have had my share of side jobs thanks to this) to tear down the pool before they will list it. I have torn down some really nice pools because of this, but by the time you get them down they're not worth anything at all, more labor than the price you would get from scrap metal. I think it would be considered more of a liability than a added value. We have a above ground pool and I am not going to list it.
                Good Luck Dennis

Comment

I really would not worry about this. Can you imagine the U.S. Trustee becoming angry that you concealed a swing set and above-ground pool? ... Not really ....

This is one of those examples of how hard it is to "see" certain things because we're so used to them.

There's a good chance someone from bk court could come to your home and not see these things either.

Comment

Most of the time an above ground pool is considered part of the house. Especially if you had to get a permit to have it installed. Are you sure you can't get 1 more year out of the liner? At least give you and your family something to enjoy this summer. If it's starting to get a couple holes there's underwater patch kits that are very inexpensive. I agree with Dennis...A/G pools can be moved, but it's a lot of work. If 1 piece is lost, it's very difficult to get replacement parts, unless you know the exact manufacturer and model. The pool would be almost worthless to anyone but you. (I've worked in the pool/spa industry since I was 14, I'm now 34...family business)
                    May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7
                    June 13, 2008 - 341 Meeting
                    August 12, 2008 - Last day for objections... August 18, 2008 - Discharged!
                    August 26, 2008 - CASE CLOSED!

Comment

I concur with the others that the pool and swingset is part of the house. A friend of ours had house that she had to sell. There was an in-ground pool in the back yard that was in ill repair and either needed to be repaired at huge $$$ that she didn't have, or have fill dirt hauled in and bury it, also at huge $$$. It was considered a liability and she had to discount the house three times before it sold. This was about 5 or 6 years ago before this present housing slump.
                      Last edited by AngelinaCat; 06-05-2008, 07:20 AM.
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

With the swing set concreted both are part of the home
                        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X