Neighbor problems again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbor problems again!

My neighbor started planting big bushes last weekend and has planted about 10 so far. He has plans to plant another 20 or so on the property line. My neighbor's had their property surveyed yesterday. All of the bushes planted so far are over the property line and hang on to my property. Even the fence he installed is on my property also.( I own about a foot over in his yard) I really don't want to trim bushes for the rest of my senior days. I can't communicate with this guy, I have tried in the past. I just sent an e-mail to the building department and should get an answer next week hopefully. ( they never want to get involed) WHAT TO DO?

You mentioned that the neighbor had the property surveyed yesterday, is it the same neighbor your having issues with? If your talking a got or two of encroachment, unless the boundary is clearly defined your local planning/building enforcement agency will most likely suggest that you get an official survey. After you have that, you'll be able to tell your neighbor where they can plant their shrubs. Also in some jurisdictions, there are minimum setbacks from the property line. These are in place to ensure that as pants, trees, shrubs grow they don't or cross property lines.
    Filed 9/14/2012 341 10/23/2012 Discharged 01/02/2013 Closed 01/07/2013

Comment

You could always fertilize them with brush killer...........
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

1: get your own survey done.

2: Take action accordingly to the results of your own survey.

Comment

Easy fix. You will need about a gallon of bleach for each bush. Maybe get it at aldis-

Put it in a watering jug and water away- casually but best when no one is looking. If anything is ever said- your water jug is recalled from China due to lead paint.
          Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

Get a survey done then remove any bushes that are on your property. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about what's not on your property. And chances are your neighbor won't maintain the side that faces your property. My landlord has huge bushes on one side of the house. And completely ignored them this last summer until a couple of weeks ago, and since they normally have them really high (as in over 6 ft tall), it got to be dangerous to even go out of the driveway as you couldn't see pedestrians and they couldn't see you. In fact, the pedestrians had to go off of the sidewalk because of the branches. I think somebody finally complained to the town. And that is the only reason why it got done. If they don't take care of snow this year, I'm gone when the lease is up.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
              You could always fertilize them with brush killer...........
              I like this idea!
              The world's simplest C & D Letter:
              "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
              Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
                My neighbor started planting big bushes last weekend and has planted about 10 so far. He has plans to plant another 20 or so on the property line. My neighbor's had their property surveyed yesterday. All of the bushes planted so far are over the property line and hang on to my property. Even the fence he installed is on my property also.( I own about a foot over in his yard) I really don't want to trim bushes for the rest of my senior days. I can't communicate with this guy, I have tried in the past. I just sent an e-mail to the building department and should get an answer next week hopefully. ( they never want to get involed) WHAT TO DO?
                So why did they do a survey AFTER putting up the fence and planting the bushes? If the fence is unwanted and entirely on your land simply remove it. Same with the bushes. It gets tricky with the bushes though. If they are planted on his land and simply "hang over" your land, the best you can do is to chop off the part that hangs over your land.

Seriously though, isn't there a more civil way to resolve this issue? Not knowing the history here (it does sound like there is some), I may be wrong but I would certainly try calm, assertive conversation before quietly killing the bushes and ripping out the fence.

Best of luck to you...
                Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
                Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Originally posted by TheBajan View Post
                  So why did they do a survey AFTER putting up the fence and planting the bushes? If the fence is unwanted and entirely on your land simply remove it. Same with the bushes. It gets tricky with the bushes though. If they are planted on his land and simply "hang over" your land, the best you can do is to chop off the part that hangs over your land.

Seriously though, isn't there a more civil way to resolve this issue? Not knowing the history here (it does sound like there is some), I may be wrong but I would certainly try calm, assertive conversation before quietly killing the bushes and ripping out the fence.

Best of luck to you...
                  Sadly in most cases these days, the part of your reply made bold is not possable. People are becoming more and more self centered and do not give a damn what you think. Try asking a neighbor to please do something about their 2 dogs that do nothing but bark every night starting at 1am. Only to get told to go **** yourself. Calllng the police is not a option, since I live out in the county and there are no noise ordences that can be enforced. Any more people just plain suck. We did get them for tresspasing tho, ya you cant ride your ATV across my yard withou complications..

Comment

See if his bushes like this...

The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

I hired a real estate attorney ($75 bucks) and he is doing a little research on the problem.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X