top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you wish you lived somewhere else.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun thread...Both husband and I are Air Force Brats...Between us we've lived all over the world and U.S. We met in Georgia where I was going to college and he had just gotten out of the service. We moved to Pittsburgh for him to go to college, then back to Georgia.

About 15 years ago I had a near death car accident and after my recovery we decided to quit our jobs, sell our house, and pack up the kids and dog in a motorhome. We traveled throughout the US for 2.5 years...from Georgia to Maine and on to Texas and up to Alaska and everywhere in between. We found so many phenomenal places...of course visiting somewhere for a couple of weeks isn't the same as living there.

Our kids asked us to stop traveling so we had a decision to make. Where would we go? Unfortunately jobs were going to be the key. We got offers in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago and Cleveland. Each had good and bad points....but we decided to go for Atlanta (weather).

But then, we got the idea to buy a tourist lodging business. After researching we decided on an area we had always loved--the Smokies. We bought an existing business in the Western NC Smokies. Beautiful, small town atmosphere (except when the tourists are here!), pretty good schools, and great year-round weather--not too cold and not too hot.

We've learned to love those Hillbillies! (they're not as dumb as they sound!) But if I could live anywhere...Alaska would be great (NOT Wasilla!) but Maui would be the place if I had the money! (Oh wait a minute--I'm bankrupt!)
    Filed Chapter 13 4/14/10
    341 Scheduled for 5/26/10
    Plan Confirmed 9/17/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X