Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need new relatives - with money!

I have noticed a lot of threads recently like:
    My aunt just sent me a check for $13,000!
    I got $5000 for christmas!
    My mom gave me $7500 to buy a car!
    Where should I spend all this cash I just got in the mail?

The largest cash gift I ever got in my life was $200. Where do people find these relatives that just send over large amounts of cash?
    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
    Confirmed - 01/2010

Originally posted by forgotten View Post
    I have noticed a lot of threads recently like:
    My aunt just sent me a check for $13,000!
    I got $5000 for christmas!
    My mom gave me $7500 to buy a car!
    Where should I spend all this cash I just got in the mail?

The largest cash gift I ever got in my life was $200. Where do people find these relatives that just send over large amounts of cash?
    No doubt! I got this HUGE box from my richest relative this Christmas. I'm all excited and go tearing into it before the UPS truck is even out of the driveway. It's this big 5 gallon tin of popcorn. Three flavors. Cheese, caramel and regular. What the hell am I going to do with 5 gallons of popcorn besides vacuum it up after the kids crunch it all over the carpet? I didn't know whether to feel like an idiot for expecting anything different or to actually be mad about it. I guess that beats what I got him, but still . . .
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
      No doubt! I got this HUGE box from my richest relative this Christmas. I'm all excited and go tearing into it before the UPS truck is even out of the driveway. It's this big 5 gallon tin of popcorn. Three flavors. Cheese, caramel and regular. What the hell am I going to do with 5 gallons of popcorn besides vacuum it up after the kids crunch it all over the carpet? I didn't know whether to feel like an idiot for expecting anything different or to actually be mad about it. I guess that beats what I got him, but still . . .
      There are kids starving in Ethiopia who would die for that tin of popcorn!
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I don't believe I ever received large gifts, but I've given cash gifts as high as $10K. I don't have that kind of money anymore. I'm just waiting for my turn to receive.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          I don't believe I ever received large gifts, but I've given cash gifts as high as $10K. I don't have that kind of money anymore. I'm just waiting for my turn to receive.
          I am currently giving 27K gifts to my Uncle. I do this monthly at $400. Boy do i like Uncle 'Bam. 'Hub

irs
          Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 02-17-2010, 07:21 AM.
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Ok...I am ROFL...because that is totally what would happen in my house!

Comment

No rich relatives here either.

Comment

NI'm all excited and go tearing into it before the UPS truck is even out of the driveway. It's this big 5 gallon tin of popcorn.
                Note to self. Don't send tins of Popcorn to MSbklawyer.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  Note to self. Don't send tins of Popcorn to MSbklawyer.
                  Well actually, the big tin comes in pretty handy. It's metal and has a metal lid on it, so I use it in the garage to store things I don't want rodents getting to. Nix the popcorn tho. Especially the caramel. It's like getting gum out of a carpet.
                  Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                    I am currently giving 27K gifts to my Uncle. I do this monthly at $400. Boy do i like Uncle 'Bam. 'Hub

irs
                    Hey... good point! I give my uncle tons in gifts each month too.

I heard that same uncle gives people large gifts each year between January and April. However, instead he tells me that I didn't send him enough gifts and need to send him more!
                    I don't like my ucle so much....
                    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Well actually, the big tin comes in pretty handy. It's metal and has a metal lid on it, so I use it in the garage to store things I don't want rodents getting to. Nix the popcorn tho. Especially the caramel. It's like getting gum out of a carpet.
                      I love the caramel... I eat the caramel and toss the rest!
                      Then again... I don't have kids... I can see where that could be an issue.
                      Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                      Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                        Hey Hub, I like my Uncle 'Bam too. He's sent me two checks for $600 and $250, although I think it was Uncle George that sent me the $600. Keep those free checks coming Uncle...

Oh you say that was your money he sent me? Well then, thanks again.
                        “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by forgotten View Post
                          Where do people find these relatives that just send over large amounts of cash?
                          I don't know, but I officially put myself up for adoption (again) about a month ago in hopes of finding some for myself.

Comment

Too funny, great thread!

Comment

We have been struggling since DH job loss and will have to file BK. I have a wealthy relative out of state who knew of our situation. I never asked them for money, but they sent us via FedEx several thousand dollars in cash! This money will be used to pay our back mortgage payments, and have caught up on utility bills and such. They explained it was a gift and do not want any repayment. This has truly been a blessing and someday we too can help out someone in need.
                              Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
                              Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
                              DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X