House and auto insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House and auto insurance

Just wondering how much these will go up when your credit goes bad.

In Washington state home and auto insurance is figured using credit scores (fico).

Ours didn't go up.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

If your states allows insurance credit profiling, you can bet that at renewal time for either policy your rates will increase IF your insurance company runs a credit report check for renewal. If your insurance is long-term, you may not see a major increase at all.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I was kicked out of USAA since I bk'd them and switched to Geico. USAA recently changed their policy so I called for a quote and they wanted twice as much as Geico.

It's dumb on their part since I haven't been at fault in an accident in over 20 years so I'm low risk so Geico gets to collect rather than USAA.

Also, I applied for renters insurance through Geico--they use Assurance and the rates were great.

I live in a state that my credit and public record can be looked at by the insurance companies which USAA did because I requested their report and I received all the info they looked at with explanations. Geico has NOT punished me.

Logan

Comment

I had no changes with my auto insurance.
          Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
          Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

We had no problem with the auto insurance, Allstate, but we had trouble when we went to renew our homeowners. We had fallen late in making payments and the company wanted the entire year's premium paid right then--up front. There was no way we had that type of money. Then ensued about a 6 week struggle with our insurance agent trying to find a company that would take us. We're in Florida, so many companies have pulled out because of the hurricanes.

We did eventually find a company--the state-run Citizens--that would take us with a premium we could afford.

Many companies will NOT take someone that has filed BK within five years, no matter what the reason.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Just curious, is there a place to find out which states allow this profiling? Thanks so much.

Comment

No problems with mine.
                All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

No problems with my auto or homeowner's insurance since BK.
                  BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

I was worried about this and had absolutely no change. In fact, I have the same company (Pemco) for a renter's policy even though they were my homeowners' (on a house I surrendered in BK)
                    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                    341 Meeting 09/09/09
                    Discharged 11/12/09
                    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by momisery View Post
                      Just curious, is there a place to find out which states allow this profiling? Thanks so much.
                      Call your State Department of Insurance and they can give you all the information you want and also advise if your state allows insurance credit profiling.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Had USAA for home & auto, but also defaulted on credit cards w/ USAA so they opted to not renew our plans. Changed to Allstate for home & Progressive for auto. This was just a few months ago and credit was bad then, so I don't expect to see a rate increase. There were some that would not quote us - I imagine due to credit since there have been no insurance issues regarding accidents/claims.
                        Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
                        (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                          I was kicked out of USAA since I bk'd them and switched to Geico. USAA recently changed their policy so I called for a quote and they wanted twice as much as Geico.

It's dumb on their part since I haven't been at fault in an accident in over 20 years so I'm low risk so Geico gets to collect rather than USAA.

Also, I applied for renters insurance through Geico--they use Assurance and the rates were great.

I live in a state that my credit and public record can be looked at by the insurance companies which USAA did because I requested their report and I received all the info they looked at with explanations. Geico has NOT punished me.

Logan
                          USAA raised my rental insurance from 260 a year to 355, for having three accounts 30 days late, and having maxed out cards (thanks to the CLDs.) I believe that is a HUGE jump just for this, and will now be shopping for new insurance. I imagine my car insurance will double making it impossible to keep. Too bad, I just ditched State Farm for USAA and now my insurance is unaffordable and will likely be more so once I file.

Anyone know of a reliable company that won't base rates solely on credit scores?
                          First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X