OBAMA warns country will be Bankrupt soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBAMA warns country will be Bankrupt soon

Now the annointed one is telling us today we will go BK as a nation ( not just myself personally) if his vision of healthcare isn't passed. Well folks as a healthcare provider and having some inside experience how healthcare is done in the USA, we are thus all bankrupt now.

Considering that 67% of the BK's are from medical debt right now and 1 out of 5 have lost their insurance he could be on the mark with a bankrupt nation for all of us in the future if we don't get this under control. The current system has gotten us into nothing but debt and trouble, why continue using it? Why not try something else? Let me go search because I am not finding that statement in his speaches, maybe I am missing something? Could you point it out please? Thanks so much.

Comment

Oh, I found it ... here is what he really said.If we don't pass it, here's the guarantee….your premiums will go up, your employers are going to load up more costs on you,” he said. “Potentially they're going to drop your coverage, because they just can't afford an increase of 25 percent, 30 percent in terms of the costs of providing health care to employees each and every year. “

The president said that the costs of Medicare and Medicaid are on an “unsustainable” trajectory and if there is no action taken to bring them down, “the federal government will go bankrupt.”

“This actually provides us the best chance of starting to bend the cost curve on the government expenditures in Medicare and Medicaid

Comment

Then people better stop buying 45,000 cars, 3500 sq. ft houses, 5,000 vacations and spend the money on health care. If you want to eat, you must buy it, if you are sick you need to pay to get well. Get government out of health care and the costs will go down.

Comment

I don't own a 45,000 car, do you? In fact I do not have a car payment. My house is 1200 sq ft and most people I know are at 2000 or less. Most people in that sort of situation you are referring to get a better rate than I do at work because they are in upper mgmt. Nothing could be any worse than 80/20 that costs you 250.00 per month with 11,000.00 as total out of pocket because I can't afford that, so how could it be any worse if you already can't afford it? 1 out of 5 people lost their healthcare insurance meaning you are paying now for all of them every time they get sick, but only at ER prices and only when they are past "coming down with something" and are on to I am really sick now... Meaning we pay for them when it costs the most, and at the most expensive care facilitiesin the USA. Should we simply let them die maybe so we dont have too? Well, of course not, so we need to stop the costs from increaseing at nutty rates. Raise the cost of sweetcorn, I can plant my own, or eat green beans.. but raise this cost and I have nothing else to do, do I? Medicare works fine, would love to have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas1960 View Post
            Then people better stop buying 45,000 cars, 3500 sq. ft houses, 5,000 vacations and spend the money on health care. If you want to eat, you must buy it, if you are sick you need to pay to get well. Get government out of health care and the costs will go down.
            easy to say when you don't have a lifelong medical condition where your medication costs around $900 a month. I bring home $2,400 a month after retirement, health care costs, taxes, etc. I have an education and choose to work to better the life of young people in this country.

I'm very lucky to have great health insurance for a great price, but I am not naive to the fact that others aren't as fortunate.
            Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
            341- 2/17/2010
            DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Comment

Personally,
              Something is "wrong" with a society where a trip to the basic physicians office is $90.00 + for an office call, not counting shots, or meds from the pharmacy.
              Often a trip to the doc's office + meds can cost up to $150.00..... not counting any time off work where wages are lost.
              Even middle class folks find it hard to pay these costs, and we "wonder" why everyone runs to govt programs for assistance when they are poor.

Our society is turning into a "if you can pay for it"...... you can have meds to stay alive on!!!

The "cap" has to be put on somewhere down the line........... ALL MEDICAL bills should have a cap on them...... insurance or not.....

Just recently I spent over 2 weeks in the hospital, mostly in ICU and had surgery also..... My bills so far have came to over $100,000 paid out by my insurance company.

I called an requested an itemized bill from the hospital and was told since I was covered by insurance they were "not required" to give me one. SINCE WHEN????

This way of doing things - you never KNOW what you have paid for!!!!

IT'S TIME standards and caps were put in place on the price gouging of thed medical professions and pharmacy's.

Most of the "monies" taken in by these professions is used for "lobbying" and "bribing" Congressman and Senators all year long and the "perks" they receive in the process.

It should be a "law" that a govt official is thrown out for playing with the lobbyist and accepting bribes from companies. But yet we still allow it to continue.............

John Q Public needs to "make its VOICE HEARD"...........

Just my thoughts...........
              Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Right on Minny!

I just got a letter from my insurance (Aetna) regarding filling out a sheet to see if anyone else could be responsible for my ER visit (I tripped & split open my knee requiring stitches)...I was like, "WHAT????"...no, I tripped in the street, go after the city.....so I called & they said they just needed the info to close the case. I told them, "no, no one else was responsible for me slipping."
                Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by momisery View Post
                  Considering that 67% of the BK's are from medical debt right now and 1 out of 5 have lost their insurance he could be on the mark with a bankrupt nation for all of us in the future if we don't get this under control. The current system has gotten us into nothing but debt and trouble, why continue using it? Why not try something else? Let me go search because I am not finding that statement in his speaches, maybe I am missing something? Could you point it out please? Thanks so much.

These are good questions that we all can agree with.

The problem with Obama and this "healthcare reform" is when has anything the government done ever worked? When have they been on or below budget on a huge program.

If they had a good track record and the US had low debt, a strong dollar then I would yield to all that support Obama care.

They have destroyed everything they have touched and no one can deny this! What's different now that this plan will be better?

You can bet unemployment will be much higher by Christmas of next year. We may be writing each other on library computers after a cold day of begging since more of us will be homeless.

Stay warm.
                  The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
                    John Q Public needs to "make its VOICE HEARD"...........

Just my thoughts...........

I agree as far as making our voice heard. Most Americans do not want Obama plan and Obama and congress are not listening.

Someone has to pay for healthcare. If not the patient, then either the rest of the taxpayers, or the "rich" and of course they won't create the jobs to keep us off the street. Even the Dr's and Hospitals will pay. What about future generations?

Either way someone pays. Once this obama plan passes the problems won't be solved just shifted and anyone with some intelligence knows this.

Comment

OH, I am so happy about 'Bammy-care. My BCBS is so expensive so much so as a stop gapper policy, I pay very little. Now that we have a Utopia, of free meds, I can breath easier, since all that money 'Bammy wishes to pay for "Green Countries" will certainly keep me alive a bit longer. To date my Social Security has never NOT had a yearly raise. Not in my lifetime. AND, I get a Medicare reduction in benefits to boot. Whooo hooo.

Don't fix what is not broken. Those who need emergency care by law will not be refused. Now, we get to cover EVERYONE. How neat is this? Anyone who can sneak in can get free care. Legal or not. WELL, they are alive, don't they deserve it? Aren't doctors paid to do this? PAID? By who? Oh yes, 'Bammy owns the printing press. What the hell, let's party. Bread and circuses.

We better wise up before it is too late. There is NO FREE LUNCH. 'Hub
                      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Lots of good thoughts in this thread....

Originally posted by momisery View Post
                        I listened to President Obama say this as well. And, for now, HE is in the driver's seat. ALL OF US, have to sit back, tighthen your seat belts, and hang on because even he says it will be a long difficult road before we see things really turn around. It was already out of control before he took office, and no matter what ANYONE says right now, Republican or Democrat, if we don't try something other than just talk and argue about it, we are going to hit bottom hard. People are pointing fingers at each other when really as it was said in posts earlier, it is a combination of many mistakes along with greed.

I give President Obama much credit for having the guts to put together plans to turn our great country around. And, if we all go down with out a computer or even homeless, we will all be together, rich and poor, and finally equal. We'll have to get back up and start over. Our country will survive this. And I am comfortable with him at the helm.

President Obama is stepping over into territory that no man has dared to take our country in healthcare reform; while he has 2 wars, global warming, and the economy to harness. And, we think we can't sleep at night.

I am thankful for the good and the bad, because eventually something better will come about. Maybe not in the timeframe some want it, but let's be realistic and positive.

Positive thinking brings about postive outcomes. Negative thinking brings nothing but pain. I will continue to support our President in the time we need him most to bring about hope and change for all.
                        (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                        :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan1951 View Post
                          I listened to President Obama say this as well. And, for now, HE is in the driver's seat. ALL OF US, have to sit back, tighthen your seat belts, and hang on because even he says it will be a long difficult road before we see things really turn around. It was already out of control before he took office, and no matter what ANYONE says right now, Republican or Democrat, if we don't try something other than just talk and argue about it, we are going to hit bottom hard. People are pointing fingers at each other when really as it was said in posts earlier, it is a combination of many mistakes along with greed.

I give President Obama much credit for having the guts to put together plans to turn our great country around. And, if we all go down with out a computer or even homeless, we will all be together, rich and poor, and finally equal. We'll have to get back up and start over. Our country will survive this. And I am comfortable with him at the helm.

President Obama is stepping over into territory that no man has dared to take our country in healthcare reform; while he has 2 wars, global warming, and the economy to harness. And, we think we can't sleep at night.

I am thankful for the good and the bad, because eventually something better will come about. Maybe not in the timeframe some want it, but let's be realistic and positive.

Positive thinking brings about postive outcomes. Negative thinking brings nothing but pain. I will continue to support our President in the time we need him most to bring about hope and change for all.
                          This was a wonderful post. Thank you for posting what so many are ignoring or choosing to ignore.
                          BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

I can tell you you cannot have healthcare reform without reining in the attorneys. Obama is a coward and in bed with the trial attorneys and his healthcare reform bill is a sham since it does not in any shape or form address tort reform and stop these lawyers from feeding off the healthcare trough. As they say, go to medical schoo; so you can feed a lawyer. 3 attorneys for every MD in this country. Something isn't right. Someone has to pay for these lawsuits and yes it is you and me. There are no perfect outcomes in medicine when gross negligence is not the cause of injury or death.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan1951 View Post

We are created equal but we are not always equal. Some work long and hard and take risks to succeed, some do not. Some deserve their rewards and some do not. I'm afraid I don't feel these two types of individuals are the same.

Enjoy the ride with your chauffeur. I'm getting out to walk the rest of the way.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X