What's The First Thing You'll Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's The First Thing You'll Do?

I've been having a little fantasy lately: this situation is behind me, I'm getting everything else in order, have a full-time job *and* time to work on my novel, get my grad school apps together, etc... And, for the first time in quite awhile, I'll have some disposable income.

The first thing I want to do is take my boyfriend for a proper Late Birthday Dinner... I'm too broke to do it right now, though I got him a kinda-nice birthday gift. (Tickets to Pitchfork Music Festival... we're excited.)

The next thing I'm doing, though, is donating to charity. It may only be $100, but I feel like I'll really be in the mood to help someone else. I have been treated very well, so far, by everyone I've talked to about bk... I'd like to repay some kindness.

**Sorry if this is already a topic... I couldn't find it when I searched.*

Get apps for nursing school. Buy my poor little guy who is WAY too big for his bike a new one. Move somewhere with more than 1000 square feet for my family of 4 people and 2 fur kids.

Comment

We are going to take a little trip to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We are trying to save some money now for that trip.
      It's been a while since we have done anything fun.

Comment

wonderful thread idea!

1st off id also like to buy my bf something special, hes been by my side thru this whole thing and proposed to me the day after my hearing....i don't know if it was planned that way but it was perfect timing! id also like to take my mom out to a nice dinner she was really there for me thru it all. I will start donating to the SPCA on a monthly basis when i can, and in general im going to be just like i was before i ran into my financial troubles, generous and helping friends and family when they need it. im a firm believer in karma, throughout my financial stress i had many wonderful people by my side to help carry me through.
        retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
        10/30/10- WEDDING!!
        09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

I would take my darling husband to a very nice restaurant for his past birthday, May 1st. Since we are filing in 9/09, I may have enough money saved up for his birthday next year

Before my accident which deemed be disable, we would take a cruise 2 times a year. My Dh absolutely loves cruising as he is a Long Haul Truck Driver. He says once he parks the car at the airport garage, he doesn't have to drive Anything for either 7 or 10 days.

Comment

I have a few things that I'm trying to save for. First, my own home. Second, college tuition for both my daughter and myself. Third, a backpacking trip through Europe for my daughter and I. Mostly I'm just trying to save as much as possible for all things including an emergency fund. All of those things amount to thousands and I only have a few hundred tucked away now but it's a start!
            12/05/08 - filed pro se
            01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
            04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
            6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

First thing i really want to do is Sleep... lol.. It's hard to get any kind of rest with the stress i have with all of this ! Then, i'd like to take my two girls to the beach for a few days, living in central Florida, I love going to the beach every chance i get. The gulf coast has the best beach's ever !! I'd take my hubby, but he's no fun at the beach LOL, hates the sun
              Filed on 7-17-09
              waiting for 341
              341 meeting 8-21-09
              discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X