Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a job!

I got a job!

After deciding a month ago to give up the job hunt and go back to school a job fell into my lap. A store just south of here heard that we closed and called to see about buying out our remaining inventory. After talking for a while that conversation turned into a job interview. Starting later this week I'll be their new outside sales guy!

Their location is about a 30 minute drive from my house (not a bad commute) but they're looking to expand into my area in the next 2-3 years. The store location isn't really relevant anyway since I'll be on the road making sales calls most days (everything local, home at night) and I'll be officing out of my house. I'll only have to physically go to the store 1-2 times each week, give or take depending on sales volume.

Our business is very seasonal since most of the big customers are school districts. When I was running my own store, I had to be in the store every day anyway (couldn't afford to pay employees for my time off) but as the "road guy" that's not expected at all. I don't really have defined hours as long as I'm producing the numbers. Over the summer I'll probably only work ~20 hours weekly. Since my customers will be on summer break I won't make any sales so no commission, but I still get my base check anyway.

They see my experience owning a store as an asset to them and we've already discussed the possibility of my transitioning to managing their new store when it opens. I'll be working in a field that I know and love, with many of the same customers who know me from my previous store, no relocating. As in most sales jobs it's base+commission, especially with the summer slow season coming up my initial paychecks will be no problem whatsoever for the BK filing. After a year or two I should be pulling down enough cash that my wife can stay home with the kids if/when they come along. Yay for new job!

Yea! Congratulations on your new job...sounds perfect!
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Congrats
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Excellent! Good for you !

Comment

Woo Hoo!

So happy for you!

Keep posting the good news! We love it!

Comment

Congrats! Always nice to see someone receive good fortune!
            over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
            Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

Good for you! I pray this job will fulfill your family needs in the future.

I miss working. Especially the interaction with other people. I'm 100% disabled since car wreck in 3/05.

Luci

Comment

Congratulations on your new job. It sounds great!!!! I also initially gave up job searching and decided to go back to school when a goo job accidently fell into my lap. Good luck!
                Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
                341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
                Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

Sorry "good"
                  Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
                  341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
                  Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X