Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenes from the recession

Scenes from the recession
    The state of our global economy: foreclosures, evictions, bankruptcies, layoffs, abandoned projects, and the people and industries caught in the middle. It can be difficult to capture financial pressures in photographs, but here a few recent glimpses into some of the places and lives affected by what some are calling the "Great Recession".

Really excellent photo spread, tells the story as it is... wow.
    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Wow.... how sad....

Comment

We beat this before and we will beat it again!!!
        The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Very heartbreaking.

Comment

Certainly some compelling images. However, I think many of them are not necessarily indicative of a recession. Especially the one with the neswpaper boxes. Only a journalist could see that picture and somehow relate it to economic hardship.

This is a good example of propaganda. The viewer is led to assume each of the images is somehow related to the recession when in fact we don't know if any of them are actually related.

What did a job fair in China look like 5 years ago? I can certainly find examples of building projects that failed before completion during the best of times.

Some pretty good photography though.
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X