top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There was a shooting 2 houses down from us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a shooting 2 houses down from us!

And I believe it was gang related.
    We have had all sorts of troubles with these people since they moved in. They are claiming robbery; the rest of us are claiming gang activity.

We have called CPS on the family before because they have small children that are allowed to run wild from sunup til sundown, in barefeet and no shirts, and have been locked out of the house today. The landlord will take no responsibility for them, and it's a real travesty.

The worst part? The kids were at home today when the gang members were shooting into the house.

I have not been this afraid in a long time.
    BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Welcome to Fair Housing Laws courtesy of the intrusive Federal Government and the Supreme Court. Sorry folks, grew up in suburbia in the late 50's and 60's and saw the 70's on the nice side of the tracks. It WAS BETTER, not fair, BUT WAY BETTER. Prefer better, don't give a damn about fair. Let me protect my neighbors when I move.

Don't have to like my opinion but we all know it's true, we just lie to seem "tolerant". Truth is we all know what we really think.
    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Well said ROBIVI3

Stay Safe, Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3 View Post
        Welcome to Fair Housing Laws courtesy of the intrusive Federal Government and the Supreme Court. Sorry folks, grew up in suburbia in the late 50's and 60's and saw the 70's on the nice side of the tracks. It WAS BETTER, not fair, BUT WAY BETTER. Prefer better, don't give a damn about fair. Let me protect my neighbors when I move.

Don't have to like my opinion but we all know it's true, we just lie to seem "tolerant". Truth is we all know what we really think.
        Do we have any laws that as a neighborhood, we could have these people evicited, or go after the landlord for fostering an unsafe environment?
        BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Its a proven fact that in "gang" terrority, people get killed everyday and "nobody knows or see's ANYTHING".............
          mainly because they don't want to be a "snitch" or don't want to endanger their own families......

Sad but very true.......

As there being "laws" to protect us a citizens........... most are not enforced and can't be enforced till we as citizens "speak up"....

Yes, we can do petitions, get evictions done in our housing developements. Its hard, but if everyone works together it can be done......

Report crime in your neighborhood.........just don't turn a blind eye to it. Yes, you take a chance, but life is just what you make it most of the time...........
          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Fair housing irritates me. Why? Cause I WANT to live somewhere that there are a lot of children my kid's age. I can't go to an apartment complex and ask them, "are there a lot of kids around 2-4 here?" because it could be misconstrued to be "unfair" of them to say yes or no. That would be an age preference. Gah....

And truth be known, I would much rather live in an area that wanted and accepted me and my family than to have someone who can't really stand me or want me around. It just makes things so much easier that way.

Unfortunately, the gang related activity in your area will not stop unless there is a mass movement from the other tenants around them (I'm assuming it's an apartment, forgive me if I am wrong). And as far as the landlord goes, does s/he live nearby? Could the landlord not know of all the stuff that is happening? Or, the landlord could see them just as $$. Sad, but true. They are claiming robbery because that is what they have to claim. If there was any "illegal activity" then they could be evicted. They are covering their tracks.

I hope you stay safe.

Comment

Sorry not sure what you mean by "fair housing" and gangs. But I will let that go.... However, I hate to say this it is just time to move!!! You will be fighting a battle that you may not win or worse lose with your life.

I live in Phoenix and there are is a lot of gang activity but I live in a stron neighborhood with lots of kids and neighbors that look out for one another. There is no and I mean no gang activity in my area. Unless neighbors are willing to stick together it isn't worth the fight. There are organizations that will help you move away from an area where you fear for your life.
              Success is reachable, stretch out your arm and grab it.

Comment

The problem is not one of race. My neighbors in Sunrise are from all over. It is the fact that you cannot keep an undesirable out in any way. Undesirables are in every group. Fair housing laws rightfully were implemented because of a situation. People had to be forced not to discriminate. They go to far when i cannot protect my neighbors from people i believe to be basic scumbags. I have bought two homes in 15 years, one with black neighbors on both sides, one with Jewish (my son is studying in Morristown to be a Chasidic Rabbi), my , sadly, ex-neighbor here was Jamaican family. She had to move for economic reasons to her other TH. She was as careful as could be but the folks are still somewhat trashy, cussing and swearing like sailors out in the back, they are white. Sadly, even she had to be walking on eggshells and had to finally rent to someone. She called us to make sure they were ok.
                "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted View Post
                  And I believe it was gang related.
                  We have had all sorts of troubles with these people since they moved in. They are claiming robbery; the rest of us are claiming gang activity.

We have called CPS on the family before because they have small children that are allowed to run wild from sunup til sundown, in barefeet and no shirts, and have been locked out of the house today. The landlord will take no responsibility for them, and it's a real travesty.

The worst part? The kids were at home today when the gang members were shooting into the house.

I have not been this afraid in a long time.

Time to get out of the hood.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X