The Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bridge

It was all the talk at work today. I am not allowed to make comments on my place of work as far as maintenance and all, but you older guys have a clear idea where and what I do. This topic is coming up more and more as our system ages, this issue really brought it home. It has been a repeated topic as things have gotten older, VERY SCARY. I can almost tell you how the beauracracy discussed, who said it was going to happen and who turned down the money and how many guys kept saying it. If the children had been lost...
    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Oddly enough, this type of thing was one of Son's classes this past spring in School. Strength and Materials. The old toothpick bridge project.

Son had several different theories based on what he saw from the damage on TV. It will be interesting to see what the NTSB has to say when all the investigating is done.

Age of our infrastructure was one of the first things I said to our daughters as we were watching last night.

Our roads weren't built with the proper depth and construction of roadbeds. That's why we have 2 seasons. Winter and Road Construction.

And of course, Government Projects always go to the lowest bidder.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Somewhere in another posts, someone brought about Iraq and all this war money going to them to assist them on rebuilding only to get blown up and rebuilding again and again and again.
      I wish they would just admit defeat and concentrate on our country more! I really feel for those people on the bridge, and any disaster that has happened or is bound to happen.

Just my thoughts, CMIYC
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

This morning on tthe news they said so many bridges in the US are in this condition, epecially interstate bridges. Ye GADS! My sister is terrified of bridges and I now I know why. I will leery too now.
        (My other evil sis threw her dolly over a bridge on the way to grandmas as a kid, she still has nightmares of her doll going over the side!!)

We need to move our troops to woop taliban arse. They are the trouble makers. We wasted time while they regrouped.
        I hate the government. Demorats & Resmuglicans both.
        WAM
        ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
        WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
        PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

Our politicians are paid big bucks for the "less they do"......

The attitude is "if it's not broke - don't fix it yet"!!! Wait till it breaks......

Sad when we can go to a foreign country, rebuild "the infrastructure there - blow it up and rebuild it again" - YET we can't keep ours up to standards of safety for our own people.....

Something wrong in that scene......

If it was classified "needs repairs" in 1990 - why haven't they been done????? Even an old car will show signs of age and breaks down and needs repairs...... NOTHING IS FOREVER EXCEPT TAXES!!!

Instead of building new "super highways", they need to be taking care of the ones we already have!!!

I feel that "this accident" could have really been avoided if our government had done their job properly....

How many lives must be lost before they consider it "time to fix it"..... in the USA!!

I firmly believe in helping our fellow man in other countries, BUT I also believe we need to "TAKE CARE OF SOME BUSINESS AT HOME".......

Just my opinion,

Minny
          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X