Free Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Stuff Thread

Lets start a thread listing freebies, other giveaways, and free samples.

I'll start. 3 free nutrition bars: http://www.soyjoy.com/spreadthejoy.aspx

Nothings for FREE .. whats the "CATCH," ???

CatchMeIfYouCan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

The catch to free samples? That you will hopefully like the product and become a lifetime customer.

Or you can just use the free samples and not buy anything

Walmart link: http://walmart.triaddigital.com/Free-Samples.aspx

Comment

Don't you end up getting dozens of junk mail attached ! I think I'll just go to those stores like "Costco," in the day where they give out "taste examples," and you know I notice when you go to those food courts in the mall those asian joints give out taste example too ! couple rounds of those I end up with my content belly ! Okay, Okay, so I'm FRUGAL !

Just Messing with you "Filing ...," Hey anyone ever do the "Gevalia Thing," get a free coffee maker than cancel your orders, the coffee maker ends up being free. Well you might have to buy one order!

Catchmeifyoucan
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Well I guess I should have specified, please do not post links to things that are going to spam you. Only post links directly to reputable companies.

Comment

There is NOTHING IN THIS WORLD FREE............... unless maybe its your own private thoughts.................. or love from a pet!!!!

Advice - people pay for it also

Oxygen - you pay for it if you need it by the tank!!!!

Time - it waits on no one.......

Free...................not much that I know about, and I've been around a long.........time....
            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I wouldn't say that.
              I joined a group called freecycle.
              It's a national thing that links you to the local yahoo group.
              There are a bunch of people in my county that post things they don't want and are giving away. People just have to respond, then show up to pick the items up.
              Others post things they are looking for, and if someone has one they don't need/want anymore and want to get rid of, they reply and arrangements are made for the poster to come pick it up.
              I haven't actually used the service myself yet as there hasn't been anything I needed. But I figure I will when it comes time to move and get rid of some of this stuff we have accumulated over the past 15 years.
              I am sure there will be plenty of items to give away to someone who wants it, that or it will all go to goodwill if no one is interested.
              7/01/10 - filed!
              11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Comment

Originally posted by tay666 View Post
                I wouldn't say that.
                I joined a group called freecycle.
                It's a national thing that links you to the local yahoo group.
                There are a bunch of people in my county that post things they don't want and are giving away. People just have to respond, then show up to pick the items up.
                Others post things they are looking for, and if someone has one they don't need/want anymore and want to get rid of, they reply and arrangements are made for the poster to come pick it up.
                I haven't actually used the service myself yet as there hasn't been anything I needed. But I figure I will when it comes time to move and get rid of some of this stuff we have accumulated over the past 15 years.
                I am sure there will be plenty of items to give away to someone who wants it, that or it will all go to goodwill if no one is interested.

Great note; Freecycle truly is free. Essentially, you post whatever items you wanna get rid of, whether it's an old couch, old electronics, old crafting items.

Things you may consider worthless, and jsut throw away, SOMEONE, somewhere probably wants. I have a garage full of old walkie talkies and electronics that are wortht he energy it would take to haul em to the garbage. But someone out there is a hobbyist or looking for parts to repair THEIR walkie talkie.

Is it free? Generally, yes. I mean, you have to spend the time to list your wants or items, then the time to arrange picking up stuff. Or time to meet someone and let em into your garage, whatever.

I've seen people give away old cars that no longer work. The person who wants the item comes to your house, chains the old junker to their pickup or whatver, and you take the time to sign and notarize the title, etc. In fact, under certain circumstances, you also get a deduction on your taxes.

My wife is a real estate agent. In the course of her work, she encounters homes where the owner/renter moved and left a lot of "junk". Well, it's not ALWAYS junk. One home she recently sold was filled to the rafters with old phones, electronics,computer monitors and stuff. Worthless really, to anyone except a junk collector.

She phoned a local church group-or they phoned her-can't recall. End result was, they came and cleaned the place top to bottom, disposed of the items that REALLY WERE junk, and kept the rest to sell in their thrift shop to benefit charities or homeless people. She gets a tax deduction, they do all the work, and they stock the shelves at their thrift shop. They even, as thanks, vacuumed and mopped the place. And walked out with a lot of serviceable items to sell.

Under all this stuff was a set of brand new Harley Davidson custom pipes for a motorcycle. Never used, beautiful custom chrome work. Probably worth a small fortune. My wife insisted they take em and sell em, perhaps on Ebay, or whatever. The spirit of these sorts of arrangements is really neat, and served all the parties involved very well.

Was it free? Well, by all appearances, yes. Seems to be, if you count the big hearts of such youth group volunteers and their heavy labor and time as free.

AS far as freecycle, there are chapters nationwide, probably worldwide. Run a search on any site and you should find your local chapter.

DMC
                Last edited by DeadManCrawling; 04-22-2007, 09:39 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar
                11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

There is something free. Our local library rents out DVDs for free, up to five at a time. This has saved us major blockbuster monies. You maye not always get to see something in the first few months after its released, but they do get it in eventually. We just saw Snakes on a plane, the Nativity story, and a bunch of others like Borat. Free movies during BR is free entertainment.
                  WAM
                  ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
                  WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
                  PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

Kashi.com

Free samples until 5/09
                    I just requested mine
                    Filed: 12-06 341 : 03-07 (moved back)
                    LD OB:04-07 no objections!! Discharged: 4/18/07
                    Closed: 06/06/07 :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

Free Movies, shows, videos and more online!

Comment

Free Diet 7-Up Diet 7 Up Taste Test
                        Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
                        Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X