Fidelity 401k Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fidelity 401k Plan

ANYONE GOT ANY TIPS ON WHAT TO INVEST IN THROUGH THEIR 401K PLANS?

CATCHMEIFYOUCAN
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Being as how mature the US economy is, I'd be looking to put 20-33% into an international fund, where economic growth is booming in developing countries. Among US funds, utilities/technology are attractive as individual sectors, maybe 15% or so each, and the remainder of % left I'd split between a mid cap growth fund and large cap value fund. I would stay out of any bond funds unless you are near retirement since bond yields are headed lower in the short term, as is indicated by the recent 'inverted' yield curve trend. This will make dividend paying stock funds more attractive and price appreciation will follow.

Comment

Fidelity is GREAT.

We were with them for a few years and really made some money. Hubby had a small %'age put in his 401K and the company matched the first 2%. We were with them for 4 or 5 years and nearly doubled our investment in what seemed like almost over night.

Must say, tho, we were aggressive. Heavy into stocks and futures.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
        ANYONE GOT ANY TIPS ON WHAT TO INVEST IN THROUGH THEIR 401K PLANS?

CATCHMEIFYOUCAN
        Contact your/a Fidelity rep...they have a very simplified program in place that simply allows participants to simply choose an investment plan that based on ones age. Or you can choose the specific investments you want to. Also look into starting a IRA in addition to the 401k...
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X