first album you ever bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first album you ever bought?

i think i was in the fifth grade.it was the J.Geils band.remember those songs centerfold and freeze frame?i thought they were pretty cool back then.

Oh my Gosh...I think I'm embarrassed to admit this. ..Mine was Michael Jackson..Thiller...LOL

Comment

Beach Boys

True child of the '60's here...alternated between surf rock and folk/protest music with flowers in my hair....Joan Baez and Bob Dylan were on my record rack as well.
      August '05 Business failed.
      Spring '06 Found this site, thank heavens
      Chap 7 (no asset) filed 11/10/06; 341:1/31/07
      disharged 2/26; closed 4/17/07

Comment

Back in 1965 the coolest TV show on was The Man from U.N.C.L.E. I religiously saved all my babysitting money to get a LP made by David McCallum (the blonde Russian spy in the show). I had a huge schoolgirl crush on him - spent my hard-earned money for his one and only singing album. Probably the worst record ever made, but I loved it for the cover pic and played it until it was too scratchy and full to static to be played anymore!
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

PETER WOLF ! and COREY HART (1st TAPES) I received as a christmas exchange in the 7th-8th grade. 1st ALBUM - The Cars !

Catchmeifyoucan
          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I'm with you Pink, Michael Jackson's Thriller. If we were all face to face I would never admit that, I would say AC/DC or Hank Jr. but nothing from MJ. I think it would be better to say Shawn Cassidy or something. I never got into him, but my older sister did. You guys remember him?

Comment

Mine was Michael Jackson too. I remember my dad saying he wanted to burn it after the first week because that is all I listened to. I think I bought Debbie Gibson too
              Filed: 08/09/06
              341: 09/18/06
              Discharged: 11/22/06
              Closed 11/30/06

Comment

Yep, I remember Shaun Cassidy! And David Cassidy, too! I loved them.

Oh, and I lied about going to concerts!! Actually had a senior moment and forgot that I went to see the Monkees when I was four !! Way cool!

Think the first album I bought was KISS.
                Filed: 2/24/2006
                341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

First one I got, Ed Ames, first one I bought myself, Charlie Daniels "Fire on the Mountain".
                  "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually think it was Donny & Marie
                    9/28/06: Filed Chapter 7
                    10/25/06: 341 meeting Done!
                    12/25/06: Last day for objections.... Dear Santa, can we have a bk discharge for Christmas please?
                    1/12/07: Discharged & closed!!

Comment

Grateful Dead American Beauty...

My world completely changed about ten seconds after the needle hit the groove...

pv34pv3p

Comment

The first album I bought was KISS alive 2. Then my grandmother brought me all kinds of literature from her church saying KISS was a satanic band. I was a big time kiss fan.

Comment

I am not old enough for the album era My first cassettes were Whiteny Houston ~ Do you want to dance? and Madonna ~ True Blue.

Comment

The first albums I bought were through a music club.
                            Among them were:
                            Jethro Tull - Aqualung
                            Kiss - Alive
                            Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Souls For Rock And Roll
                            The soundtrack to Monty Python's Holy Grail (seriously, lol)

Comment

First album I bought was Ronnie Milsap Live back in the 70's. I think, but not sure, my first 45 was Eddie Money's Two Tickets to Paradise.
                              Filed C7: 04/25/2007
                              341: 05/21/2007
                              Last Day for Objections: 07/20/2007
                              Discharged: 07/23/07 Closed: 07/26/07

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X