Bsg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bsg

Well, Friday is the big night. Any Battlestar fans? BTW, I notice the "interlopers" are being banned almost immediately, nice. Back to BSG, any other fans?
    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Meeeeeeeee ! ! !

BIG BIG BIG FAN,

I just bought the second season as I am not home to be able to watch it. I love the old version, it took me a minute to get use to the new version of Cylons that is, and of course the characters. Do you have any collectibles? Cylons? Funny thing is I go to the toy store and I do not see any new versions for Battlestar Galactica out? This Sunday I'm probably going to watch the whole 2nd season all day/night ! ! ! I can't wait ! ! !

Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3 View Post
      I notice the "interlopers" are being banned almost immediately
      The "Troll Patrol" is at your service sir.
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Actually I don't have anything from the series. That is odd as I have alot of Star Wars micromachines, Star Trek MM's and other Galoob Toys. I'm not much on Stargate but I even have an Airsoft Well D-90 from that series. I own one Domain name related to the Series and have a nice email from Richard Hatch. I found his email by accident, sent him one email thanking him for for the original series and telling him how much I liked it. He sent a return thanking me for my support and explained that the series had been a blessing in his life. I saved the email for the heck of it, please don't anyone ask for his address, I won't give it out.

Also, James Callis or Gaius Baltar plays Haman in the new Movie "One Night With The King", the story of Esther. Poor guy seems to fall into villan roles naturally.
        Last edited by robivi3; 10-06-2006, 04:48 AM.
        "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Comment

WELL, IT IS ALMOST TIME!!!! 9PM. Headed over to friends house with the youngest, we have cake, soda, etc... all ready...

Comment

I was into the original BSG (with Richard Hatch and Dirks Benedict) big time. I was really excited when I learned they were reviving it. Until I watched it, sorry, for me they just twisted and warped it too much.

How about Stargate, anyone into that!
            Filed..........August 10. 2006
            341.........September 22, 2006
            Last Day for Objections........November 21, 2006
            Discharged............November 27, 2006

Comment

Original BSG

I was into the original BSG (with Richard Hatch and Dirks Benedict) big time. I was really excited when I learned they were reviving it. Until I watched it, sorry, for me they just twisted and warped it too much.

Same here, it took me a minute to accept the reality that it wasn't going to be the same. But after watching several series I got use to it and the new Cylons (the machine ones/not the human looking ones) just kick ass.

Catchmeifyoucan

Comment

Don't be fooled by Starbuck and the kid, she is giving them what they want, she ain't biting the way the Cylons think she is.

Don't forget that Richard Hatch (Apollo) is a main character in the new one and has a BIIIIG Mark Hamill style hand in all that is BSG. This was a fantastic opener.

The new series makes much more sense, always wondered why machines flew machines, but still loved it. The Theme music of the original is better.
                Last edited by robivi3; 10-06-2006, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Im looking forward to catching up with the 2nd season and my friend taped this seasons opener. I CANT WAIT !

Catchmeifyoucan

Comment

I actually tried to watch some of it last night (during commercials on Nip./Tuck) It would take me forever to possible catch up now.
                    Filed..........August 10. 2006
                    341.........September 22, 2006
                    Last Day for Objections........November 21, 2006
                    Discharged............November 27, 2006

Comment

Not so, just do a search for Battlestar Galactica, they have been running "The Story So Far" for latecomers. You will likely catch it this weekend. It brings you up to date in one hour. Continuity is beyond excellent on this show. However nothing can pass Star Trek TOS for originality, no single program has so effected society and never will. The themes of ST are always hope and upbeat, it is in a class by itself, goofy acting and all.

Comment

YAAAAAAH

Did anyone catch Galactica's "atmo drop"? One of the finest scenes ever put on any TV show bar none. Also the Pegasus jump and destruction was filmed beautifully!!!!!!!

Comment

i watched it .. but i dont recall the "atmo drop," ??? i did see the pegasus jump and watched the destruction of it and than some .. i thought it was really played out well how it took a couple base stars to the grave ! i felf kind of bad for starbuck and "her kid," for a minute than relieved it wasn't her kid after all ! ! ! i still need to catch up to the second season. my friend has been taping me the 3rd season as it plays. i watch stargate when i can but like you in bsg (connie) im so far behind in the series !

catchmeifyocan

Comment

Adama jumped Galactica straight into the atmosphere, dropped like a flaming rock, deployed the Vipers and then jumped to hold off the two Base Stars. They did not expect four. Pegasus took out one Base Star at first (Lee likes to dive in and go straight for the Axis like he did when he assumed command the first time after Captain Garner died in repairing the FTL) and then sacrificed the ship by ramming the other two. This Pegasus died the identical death of the original, passing between two Base Stars with Lloyd Bridges as captain in '79 during "Living Legend" as Captain Kane. Altogether pagasus took out three Base Stars, friends and i have watched and replayed Battle Scenes about thirty times over the weekend.

I felt sorry for Colonel Tigh and his wife, I felt it was a bad call. She was trying to save her husband but three Marines died because she gave the rendezvous point to the Cylons. Good thing Galactica had Marines deployed and waiting otherwise the whole rendezvous would have failed and no Sharon, no launch keys, no launch keys, no rescue, the gig would have been up. Waiting for next week, the Chief being a sometimes idiot fails to recognize that Geata was his contact and is ready to off him for "collaborating" when in fact he was the one who enabled the rescue by giving the insurgents the jamming frequencies, NCP graduation roster and Launch key location.

Nice manuever by Bill Adama with the drones, we wondered what they were practicing last week and why he drove the Raptors for so many hours. EXCELLENTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you catch the flames being sucked in by the vortex created after Galactica jumped back to space? Awesome realism. Hats off to the Sci Fi channel on this series, beyond excellent is the only description.

And Mary McDonnell may not be "Dancing with Wolves" but she rules in outer space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by robivi3; 10-23-2006, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Ohhhh so thats what that was .. i was wondering what was happening to the Galactica ! One big fireball thats what i saw ! How are they going to repair all the damages to the galactica when they have no place to go ? where are they going to get the parts, of course, this is television so i expect to see a new shiny one next scene!

They could have at least given Tighs wife a prison sentence ! but maybe they had to kill off the character.

I'd love to see some old galactica characters show up, i guess as guest stars besides richard (i like richard though!) i guess he is a regular, it be cool if dirk benedict showed up ? ? ?

Catchmeifyoucan
                              Last edited by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN; 10-23-2006, 11:47 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X