rodsren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rodsren

I declared Chapter 7 in California in April. In late May 2024, we had the creditors' meeting, and the trustee was discharged. Right away, I got a 3,000 Savor One from Capital One and a Mission Lane with 1.5K. It's a start. Then my local credit union gave me a 1K m/c, so I guess the game starts with putting a little one each month and paying it off in full for 2 years after the inquiries fall off. I hope to get the Venture X at the end of the year, then do have a specific tool for that to be pre-approved. Also looking at PenFed and Navy Credit Union. Pen fed I hear is +2 years, not sure about Nacy credit union's timeframe for approvals. I'm looking forward to hearing about people's recovery from this situation.

For what it's worth, both PenFed and NFCU have pre-qualification tools for their credit cards. I will warn you about PenFed's pre-qualification... it's not a 100% guarantee that they will actually approve it after it goes into review.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Good to know; thank you so much. Looks like +2 years is good with PenFed, so I won't even try I think at 4 months out (from discharge hearing) only discharged 7/29/24, so not even 2 months from final court proceeding!)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X