Filed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed!!

Had a review of all my paperwork today with my lawyer. I’m filed!!! So relieved.

Wow! Congratulations. I thought it wouldn't be until the end of next month, so this is great news.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I feel like an elephant just got off my shoulders

Comment

Yes. The calls should stop over the next 48 business hours of the court issuing the case number. Mailings should also subside over the next week or so. I love this period of time. Not only did I feel like the weight was off my shoulders, the moment of my filing put an extra pep in my step and a smile on my face.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

A new beginning

Comment

Congrats it is a new beginning for sure! I had no idea how much stress would be relieved when we filed.
            I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Congratulations! Time to start looking forward instead of worrying about the past.
              Chapter 13 (not 100%):
              • Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank cum Bank of Southern California
              • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
              • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
              • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
              • 60th Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
              • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
              • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

Comment

No phone calls !

Comment

Originally posted by Flgranny View Post
                  No phone calls !
                  Music to my ears... and yours!

Comment

Mtg scheduled for July 26th. Geez we’re moving!

Comment

And your discharge you come about September 25th (91 days from your first scheduled 341 Meeting). The 90 days runs through Tuesday, September 24, 2024; the next day you'd be eligible for discharge which is the 25th.

Yes, Chapter 7s move incredibly fast. That is why the Chapter 13 debtors are so jealous. (Just kidding my fellow Chapter 13 debtors.)

Comment

Court reports my bankruptcy filing already on experian

Comment

And my score went up 26 points bizarre

Comment

Sometimes, filing bankruptcy can cause the score to jump even higher than just 26 points. It is because the status of your accounts are changed and 90-days late payments become just "included in bankruptcy" (IIB).

You'll get another bump at discharge. Then another about 6-months post discharge. Then they'll keep coming as the bankruptcy and IIB accounts age.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X