Time frame for collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time frame for collection

I am 60 days late with Amex and got an email saying my account could go to collections in a few weeks. Any idea how long it stays in collections. We are filing at the end of July chapter 7. Thx

Amex is notorious as one of the most aggressive when it comes to collections. They will probably turn it over to collections after 90 days and then they will become very aggressive. AMEX is also notorious for filing suits rather quickly after they go into collections.

I would not worry. you are filing bankruptcy. Even if, and that's a big "IF", AMEX could get this into collections and file suite in less than 30 days, your bankruptcy would discharge the debt. I couldn't imagine AMEX taking any legal action by the end of August.

I would not worry about this. You are filing soon.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thx for the response!

Comment

Yeah, I think you should be fine. We didn't have Amex, but when our cards went to collections it was first the in house collections and then the collection agency with multiple mailings, calls. We turned off the ringer on the phone and luckily most did not have my cell number because they were opened before cells were so common. It took quite a while before we received any summons for court.
        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

No prior experience so I’m not up on time frames. Thx for the reply

Comment

I have google phone. They can call until the cows come home

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X