Repo timeline for Honda Financial.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repo timeline for Honda Financial.

My car is financed with Honda financial. I will not reaffirm since im upside down about 10K. Last payment was January 2010. When will they repo the car? or do they call to make arrangements to surrender? Any insight?
    Filed Chapter 7 - 12/16/2009
    341 Meeting - 1/26/2010 - done!
    Last day for objections - 2/25/2010
    Discharged 3/31/2010

Is it possible for them to get car before discharge?
    Discharged 3/31/2010

Comment

You will still most likely go thru the normal repossession process which should be anywhere from 3-5 months. Right now your not even 30 days late on the account so Honda has no incentive to take immediate possession. From what has been posted on these forums Honda does not immediately come after your vehicle when you file BK regardless of payment status.

Comment

For mine Honda hired a repo man who called. We made arrangements and I met him at my house and gave him the keys. He was very nice. It was about 3 1/2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Justpoor View Post
          For mine Honda hired a repo man who called. We made arrangements and I met him at my house and gave him the keys. He was very nice. It was about 3 1/2 months.
          Was it after non payment or after discharge?
          Discharged 3/31/2010

Comment

That was after non-payment. I haven't filed BK yet.

Comment

For mine, I called Honda up and told them the car was at the local Honda dealer along with the keys, and the signed waiver form. I did a voluntary repo, then filed BK.

Comment

Not reaffirming the car. I wanted to keep it until I get a replacement which is about 4/15/2010.
                Discharged 3/31/2010

Comment

Honda repo'd my car back in August when I was only 45 days late because I had gone 30 days late within the past year. I got it back but am planning to surrender it when I file in a couple of weeks.

Is it better to go get another car before I file or wait until Honda comes to get it? I drive a lot for work and have children so I can't be more than a day or two without a car. I don't want to raise red flags by buying a car prior to filing but I can't afford this payment, either. What are the chances Honda will renegotiate? I'm in a lease that ends in June 2011. HELP!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X