Filed today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed today

filed the remaining schedules etc after my emergency petition. The clerk said everything was in order and looked good. Im glad we still have until he 17th until everything is due. i will be keeping an eye on pacer to make sure that nothing comes up. Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice. the paperwork seemed daunting at firs, but once i looked at some examples and translated legal jargon into english it went well. The most eye opening thing was truly finding out what our financial situation was. while a few items had passed the statute of limitations in CO, to get everything in one place and see our state of financial disarray was eye opening to say the least.
    one final ?... how long can we expect for it to take to get our discharge.

When you filed, the Clerk generates a Notice of Bankruptcy. On that Notice of Bankruptcy will be a 341 Meeting date along with a date known as the last day to file a complaint to determine dischargeaiblity. That date is 60 days after the 341 Meeting. That is technically your "discharge" date, once it passes. Administratively, it may take a few days or weeks after that date passes to get the official discharge.

Congratulations.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X