No announcement yet.

Nightmare just before 341 meeting tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about the legal side of your situation but I do know about the moral side. Whether or not these people who you decided to take deposits from are "crazy" that money really should be returned to them. If they are looking for a room to rent, they are not wealthy people. I understand not wanting a bad personality mix between people sharing the same living space but still, I don't understand why you didn't give their deposits back as soon as you made that decision.

I didn't know the circumstances when I first replied to your thread. Now I understand why your creditors contacted others on the matrix. This was not a loan, it was a deposit in good faith for a place to live.

I understand mistakes being made, I've made plenty in my life. I do hope you intend to at least try to repay those deposits. Was the Trustee aware that these were deposits for rentals and not loans? I know that you said you were willing to give up the house and equity to pay creditors off. Since the Trustee doesn't want your house, I hope you are at least considering some other sort of action to repay them. These aren't heartless billionaires who want to squeeze the life out of hard working people so they can keep their country club membership. These are people who don't have much and trusted you.

I don't think they will let this go. It would be in your best interest to come up with a plan to satisfy this debt. It sounds like they will do their best to go after you for fraud and not let this go.
    12/05/08 - filed pro se
    01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
    04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
    6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Bankslate, I agree with you.

Hopefully the OP will make things right by these people who clearly have limited means. If not, all I can say is "Karma is a _________."

We all make mistakes in life, but making them right in the end shows true character.

All the best.
      8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
      11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X