Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forms

Hi All;

Cmb here, getting ready to do the forms for ch7, according to the Nolo Book I should write to the BK court clerk and ask how the BK forms should be handle (I.E. how many copies, two hole punch, etc). The problem I have is the Attorney we had talked to said that the Clerks here, would only refer us to the computer if we had any questions. Should I try to write to the Court of The Clerk, of shall I just two holed punch one set, and make copies of the other?

I am sure I am going to have alot more questions, so thanks ahead of time for you time!

Originally posted by JRBandCMB View Post
    Hi All;

Cmb here, getting ready to do the forms for ch7, according to the Nolo Book I should write to the BK court clerk and ask how the BK forms should be handle (I.E. how many copies, two hole punch, etc). The problem I have is the Attorney we had talked to said that the Clerks here, would only refer us to the computer if we had any questions. Should I try to write to the Court of The Clerk, of shall I just two holed punch one set, and make copies of the other?

I am sure I am going to have alot more questions, so thanks ahead of time for you time!

I wrote to my states BK court asking all the questions listed in the Nolo Book and about 2 weeks later, I received a huge packet from the court with all my questions answered.

I know things vary state to state, but here in Vermont, nothing was to be hole punched, stapled, paper clipped ect... They also sent me all the forms that needed to be filled out in the order they needed to be filed.

One other piece of advice for you: If you are planning filing Pro Se, it's a good idea to drive to the court house and hand deliver your papers. You can file through the mail, but the BK clerk will go over everything with you there to make sure everything is in order.

When I filed in June, it was a 2.5 hr drive both ways and only took 5 minutes at the court house, but it was worth it because I forgot a cover sheet. Thankfully my wife went with me because she had to sign it as well.

Also, make sure you go over everything over and over again making sure everything is there.

Best of luck to you!!!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Hopefully I can help you anyway that I can.
    Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
    341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
    Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
    Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

[QUOTE=WillinVT;306168]I wrote to my states BK court asking all the questions listed in the Nolo Book and about 2 weeks later, I received a huge packet from the court with all my questions answered.

I know things vary state to state, but here in Vermont, nothing was to be hole punched, stapled, paper clipped ect... They also sent me all the forms that needed to be filled out in the order they needed to be filed.

Thanks for your input, I went ahead and sent a letter off to the Court Clerk; I figure better safe than sorry.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X