top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First letter received from a collection agency-how to respond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First letter received from a collection agency-how to respond?

So BofA sent my account to collections fairly quickly-I defaulted in February. A letter arrived yesterday informing me of such, and that I had 30 days to respond if I wanted to request validation that the debt is mine, etc... They made no mention of a lawsuit, they're just trying to get me to pay. Should I respond in writing stating that they need to validate the debt? Will this slow the process down or is it really meaningless at this point? We will probably be filing in September or October.

If you have a bird, you can line your bird cage with it. Or just toss it in file 13.

Comment

Originally posted by kornellred View Post
      If you have a bird, you can line your bird cage with it. Or just toss it in file 13.
      Well sure, but should I make them jump through the hoops of validating it or is that really unnecessary since they're not talking about a lawsuit yet?

Comment

Actually since its BOA (no love lost there) if it were me I just might go ahead and make them jump...if you have the time why not? Trust me if it were the other way around...you get the point...

Comment

I would ignore it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X