top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

post BK, can ex correct his mistake of leaving my name on accounts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post BK, can ex correct his mistake of leaving my name on accounts ?

tks for the replies in a previous posting last week.

i was wondering thou, is there any option or means of for my ex to remove my name from 4 credit cards that he had agreed with me that he would of before he filed and was granted his BK this summer ??

is there any ammendments that can be done or filed ??

since he "forgot" and his attorney didnt take any action, my name is still on them and now they are coming after me to pay them. even thou i never saw or used any of the charges on them (most of them where charged when he was living at his new gf's house after we splt up.

This is a question that should be directed to a lawyer, but you need to be prepared to possibly answer the question of why didnt you have your name removed vs. relying on your ex to do so with the paperwork- as your previous post suggested. I dont believe you can get your name/responsibility removed at this point unless you file BK yourself or sue him.

Comment

We tried to have my husbands removed from a card that his ex-wife had paid off per divorce decree then charged up again a few years ago. Capital One would not remove his name..so he filed a "Contempt of Divorce Decree" to have her pay it off. It is a criminal action so she very quickly got it paid off so we did not have to list it in our Ch 13. She then closed the account. Capital One would not close it until it was completely paid off....
      Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
      341 10/7/10
      Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X