Is anyone here a repeat offender? LOL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone here a repeat offender? LOL.

I'm just curious to know if this is the first time for everyone or is this the second time around for some folks. Thanks.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Lets put it this way: I'm not eligible for a ch. 7 til 9/2013.

Car accident in 2003-->3 weeks in the hospital-->months of physical therapy
    Not able to work, and ultimately returned part time. Was a while before I got back to full earning capacity. We filed ch. 7 in 9/05.

Now we are not here as a result of a major catostrophe - just the usual situation of the times I suppose. Reduced income & increased expenses, we relied on credit to cover the gap - not seeing it as a bigger problem until that short term fix failed. Started looking for a 2nd job to bring in more income - found one after 6 months. We're now with our head above water, with that extra income and not paying credit cards and such. But preparing to file ch. 13, not in great rush. There is even a slim chance we can put it off indefinitely and just file a 7 in a few years. (I don't expect that to work.) Under median for a family of 5 in GA.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Second time around, unfortunately. Never thought we'd be here again, but life threw us some wicked curve-balls over the last 3 years.
      Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

Wow, that's why I say to folks "never say never." Life is full of surprises. Thanks for sharing your stories. I wish you both the best.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

First time...and hopefully only time. But one can never tell, life of full of humble pie!
          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
          AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

It's my first time. People say the first time is always great or always awful? Hopefully I won't have to be an 'offender' in the next 8 years, specifically Oct 2018). You're right drowning, never say never (I was about to say that until I saw what you said )
            Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Well this is my first BK but I'm def a repeat offender because 4 years ago I was cc debt free (due to a refi) then racked up a little more cc debt and refin yet again. Now I'm BK!

The good thing about my BK is I have been living without CC for almost 24 months so I know how to avoid them after BK.
              "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I'm like you Freddy. Worked a second job. Paid off everything in 2002, then bought house. All I had was my mortgage and other household expenses. No credit card debt. Things were good. Decided to refinance cuz I got a new heating and cooling system. Everything spiraled out of control from there. By the way, this is my first time, too. Could have been avoided? Maybe, but such is life.

Comment

Yup my first offence was BK in '93. Boy was that ever easy, I went Pro Se on about 67K CC debt and one vehicle repo. I went to the court house in So Cal paid $33.00 for the paperwork, filed it out in one day, took to the court house and filed it, $295.00 had the 341 30 days later and it was done.

Within 3 years I had my FICO back up to 680 and I am kicking myself in the arse for that now, neverlearn.

Now you know why I picked the forum name I did...

Comment

Originally posted by wnguyen View Post
                    It's my first time. People say the first time is always great or always awful? Hopefully I won't have to be an 'offender' in the next 8 years, specifically Oct 2018). You're right drowning, never say never (I was about to say that until I saw what you said )
                    Naughty. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by neverlearn View Post

Now you know why I picked the forum name I did...

I wanted to say this to you in another post, but I figured you'd find your way to this post. LOL!!! I could kick myself too. There's a lot of "neverlearns" around here.

Comment

When we file in a few months, it'll be our second go around.

1st Time - Massive medical debt dumped on us by the insurance company not paying what they said they would and reverse a lot of charges as "uncovered" or "not preauthorized"

2nd Time (aka this time): Around 15K combined medical and credit card debt. The former leading to be behind on the latter. It was either doctors and medicine or credit card and when you have a premie, it's a easy choice to make.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeIn2010 View Post
                          When we file in a few months, it'll be our second go around.

1st Time - Massive medical debt dumped on us by the insurance company not paying what they said they would and reverse a lot of charges as "uncovered" or "not preauthorized"

2nd Time (aka this time): Around 15K combined medical and credit card debt. The former leading to be behind on the latter. It was either doctors and medicine or credit card and when you have a premie, it's a easy choice to make.
                          That's right. We have to prioritize. Health comes first.

Comment

Waving my hand here We filed a ch7 and discharged in 8/2005. Job lay off rising costs and here we sit AGAIN not as much debt as last time though but since we haven't paid anything in over a year I am sure the amounts have skyrocketed. I talked with 3 attorneys so far ( need to find a decent one) and all suggested I not file file a 13. So right now I sit dodging phone calls and have one judgment against me but so far they haven't tried to collect If they do we are literally penniless every month after bills so good luck collecting.

Comment

This will be my first and LAST! ::crosses fingers::

2004 No debt and 767 FICO. 2005 a divorce, a move, establish new household, denied unemployment even with a disabled child who required skilled care and I moved where he could get that. Childs SSI canceled because we moved to a new county and they wanted us to refile there. Fast forward two years...remarried, 13 days in the hospital, death of child...two more years... loss of work from 40 hours to 8 per week. Aug 2010 quadrupling of my CC interest on my largest balance card. The end!

A bankruptcy fairy tale.
                              I am NOT an attorney. This is NOT advice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X