Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

The wife and I are getting our paper work started for chapter 7. She recieves disability which is not listed as income. She also recieves medicine though the MHMR, is this listed as income? Just one of many questions we will have. We are being represented by a attorney. We live in Texas.

B8P

Crickets............

Comment

Probably because no one knows what MHMR is. Besides, if it's not compensation or a payment directly to her, then it is not income. The other issue with the crickets is probably because you're represented by an attorney. The last issue is probably because it had been only 30 minutes from your post to your crickets post.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

If I post at 11:30 and post again at 2:00 that would seem to be a liitle longer than 30 minutes. MHMR-mental health and mental retardation. Thanks for the reply JB. My attorney seems to think it is income. I just thought some one on this forum would know.

B8P

Comment

I believe the MHMR/medicine would not be income - but you also would not list that medicine as an expense.
          Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
          (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

To add on the crickets things, your thread title is too vague. "Question" Most people, myself included, will typically skip over thread titles that don't give any idea what they are about.

However, as to your question, if she receives SSD, that is not income for the means test. If the MHMR is simply a benefit where she receives medicine directly, that would not be income, but as SMinGN points out, then you cannot claim the expense. If MHMR is some sort of reimbursement, then you WOULD list it as income, but then back out with the medical expense. Either way, it ends up being a wash, presumably.

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA View Post
              I believe the MHMR/medicine would not be income - but you also would not list that medicine as an expense.
              Thanks I agree with you. It is provided by a state service at no charge. I don't think it is income or a expense. It is part of her care.

B8P

BTW sorry about the cricket post......it won't happen again!
              Last edited by Bob8paint; 07-23-2010, 01:12 PM. Reason: add-on

Comment

If they are reimbursing the amounts spent on medications, that might be considered income. It doesn't matter whether the money is taxable or not, it's whether it's paid to the debtor. I have never read where medical insurance of any type is considered income. We'd all be in trouble!

Oops... HHM beat me to it.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

She does recieve SSD and pays the MHHR a small fee every quarter. We do consider the fee we pay a expense. Thanks for the input folks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X