Question for Military re: Travel Charge Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Military re: Travel Charge Card

What happens to my Citibank government travel charge card when I declare on my personal Citibank credit cards?

Have any military members out there had this experience?

Thanks

Did you zero it out? If you did, then my understanding is that it does not have to be included in the petition and nothing to worry about.

If you owe money on the account I would encourage you to pay it off if you can. If there is a question about preferential payment during BK you can point out that the card is for official government business only and the money you made the payment with is money the government reimbursed you for your official travel. If you file and owe money on the card I expect Citi to file a claim with the government for reimbursement and your Commander will want to talk to you about it.

This will be tough, but if you are in a situation that will require the travel card to take some kind of action talk to your Commander about it and let him/her know what is going on. They much prefer to hear it from you first then from their boss.

Keep us posted.

Comment

I got my Chapter 7 discharge in early May of this year. My military travel card had a zero balance so was not listed in the bankruptcy, but I did have a Citibank student loan and a couple of Citibank credit cards on the list. I traveled on orders about 7 weeks later (late June, early July), used my travel card for the flight, hotels and meals and had no issues. I suppose it's possible that they haven't connected the dots yet - I'm not planning to point it out to them. I have another trip coming up next month.

I know of one person in my unit who did something stupid with his travel card years ago (I don't know details) and had it canceled. Since he has no travel card, he's given an advance deposited to his bank account when we travel and he pays everything with his personal card. Honestly I'd rather have it that way, but I haven't been given that option.

Comment

Not something I have experience with - but out of curiosity, is it billed in your name/address and you pay it then get reimbursed? Or is it billed like a 'company' card, where you don't pay it directly?
        Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
        (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X