Mentally Drained,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mentally Drained,

I can't help but wondering why you talk mostly about those that you know and not about your own situation. You sound jealous of others that you know.

Filing BK is a business decision and you should stop focusing on what others have done (and alledgedly gotten away with), and concentrate on doing what you need to do to make your life better.

Yes life is NOT fair but envy will slowly kill you. You sound whiney so stop it. There is not one good reason to believe that you will not have a successful BK.

Concentrate on yourself for the best outcome of your situation. I wish you nothing but the best!

ep
    Last edited by epiphany; 06-27-2010, 09:07 PM. Reason: clarification
    California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Everyone's situation is different and no one is the same. You have to work with your own situation as there is nothing you can do about anyone else or what they have, can do, etc. because it does not affect your situation at all. You are making yourself depressed by focusing on other situations and wishing you had it better. You are going through a life event that is probably making you depressed and anxiety-ridden and the best thing to do is to make an appointment with your familiy doctor, tell him/her you are having bad financial problems and are worrying like crazy and you will be surprised what a mild antidepressant can do to get you through all this. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown in the months prior to our filing. Take care of yourself and your family and your own situation and don't worry about what Mr. & Mrs. Smith are doing down the end of the block. It doesn't matter. Best of luck to you.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Good advice.

Comment

Have to agree with the comments above.

All that is happening to others is not your concern. Your judgments about their integrity or lack of integrity don't matter. Wishing you could get a job going after all the 'deadbeats' is futile.

..and besides, even the ones you feel are 'getting away with something' may not be the case. Its impossible to know another's situation well. I'll never forget the quote I heard once about this:

"If you think someone you know hasn't got any problems, that just means you don't know them very well."

Comment

Sometimes, it is best to stop wondering/worrying about what everyone else is doing and simply do what is right for you and your own.

Bankruptcy is not about becoming destitute and giving up all you have. Each state has exemptions protecting some basic property such as personal possessions and vehicles. It can be a frightening topic, but as others have said: its a business decision. Consult with a few attorneys and move forward as needed.
            Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
            (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

yes theres A LOT of people taking advantage of the BK laws
              walking away from houses that they willingly bought knowing full well that interest rates would adjust.its called greed .and now they blame every body else but themselfs
              Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
              Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
              Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Perfectly legal. Businesses do the same thing. Also, the ones who file BK are walking away from their debts other than homes, whats the difference?

Actually, for most the adjusted interest should be declining. Homeowners are walking away is that the value of their property has declined substantially.

Originally posted by scorpion35 View Post
                yes theres A LOT of people taking advantage of the BK laws
                walking away from houses that they willingly bought knowing full well that interest rates would adjust.its called greed .and now they blame every body else but themselfs

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X