top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice about a letter I recieved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice about a letter I recieved.

Our case was D/C last week but on Monday I recieved a letter from the courts that they are missing the address to one of my creditors and that I need to get them the information.

This creditor is my student loan that had been sold from one company to another and I had to amend the bankruptcy before our 341 to give them the new address.

I called the courts because the letter was really vague on what I have to do and at first the person helping me said that I do need to send the letter back with the information, but once she looked up our case she said: "your case is closed so anything you send in will be stricken", and then she would not tell me if I need to send it in or not.

I don't mind sending it in but I am not sure now if I have to go through my lawyer which has already sent me a letter that we are finished so I am assuming if I contact them about it I am going to have to pay more to have them do it.

Does stricken mean that I should not bother sending it? It is not a debt that can be included in my bankruptcy.

Thanks!!!

no one knows?

can someone tell me what they mean by anything i send in will be stricken from the case?

Comment

"stricken" means it will not be a part of the court record. It would be as if you never sent it in. I would send the letter back with the info requested, just to be safe. It can't hurt, except to take a few minutes of your time.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Since your case is closed and the student loan isn't discharged anyway, I wouldn't worry about doing anything.

Just contact your student loan servicer to find out when to start up payments again, this will save you excess interest.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X