documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

documentation

my lawyer gave a stack of papers to fill out.
    1- 3 years worth of credit card statements(for all credit cards)
    2- copies of all utilitie bills for last 12 months
    3- receitps for purchase of clothing items for the last 2 years
    4-any loan application or financial statement me or spouse gave to a lender or creditor within the last 5 years

i mean really?does he really need or expect me to have all this info ?

does the trustee even care or bother to look at all this paperwork?
    did u guys have to provide all this paperwork?

thanks
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Yes, I had to provide that and more (2000 pgs). Look at Froggers posts...he had to provide something like 4000 pages of documentation!

Your attorney knows what the Trustee is looking for and it is best to provide all the paperwork/documentation up front. In my attorney's words: 'Bury the Trustee in paperwork'

People that do not have to provide lots of documentation are those under median income or with extremely simple cases.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
      Yes, I had to provide that and more (2000 pgs). Look at Froggers posts...he had to provide something like 4000 pages of documentation!

Your attorney knows what the Trustee is looking for and it is best to provide all the paperwork/documentation up front. In my attorney's words: 'Bury the Trustee in paperwork'

People that do not have to provide lots of documentation are those under median income or with extremely simple cases.
      i am under median income and pass the means test
      have 1 house 2 cars and the usual personal property and according to lawyer i am probably a no asset case
      was your case complicated?
      and where do i get all this paperwork?i either shredded or trashed most credit card statements
      Last edited by scorpion35; 05-01-2010, 05:54 AM.
      Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
      Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
      Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

You can reprint statements if you access to the cards' online system. I'd have no clue how to find the other info, I never keep receipts.

We only gave 3 months of bank and CC statements.
        attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
        no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
        341, 05/10/2010
        discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

cc

In my case, the UST sent letters for me to sign under notary, addressed to the credit card companies asking for 3 yrs plus application, so they obtained them directly from the cc companies.

Comment

Holy cow!

I had to provide:
            3 years of tax returns
            8 months of paystubs (all sources)
            most recent billing statement of all bills
            purchase agreement for vehicle
            fill out questionairre regarding assets & monthly budget

That's pretty much it! We didn't even have to provide bank statements!

That is just an insane amount of paperwork. I couldn't have come up with it if I wanted to!
            Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
            0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

I had to provide 4 years worth of tax returns, 6 months worth of bank statements (I did print out the prior 12 months just in case), and the last 6 months worth of credit card statements, my divorce decree and the HUB statement and the payoff amount for the mortgage. I also provided a cma of my house from a real estate agent. I provided most of the credit card statements, so far that has not been an issue. I was also told to bring a recent paystub to the 341. I did, but they never asked to see it. The Trustee did ask to see prior applicants paystubs. Don't know why she didn't ask to see mine.

Comment

OP, if you don't have the documentation, ask your attorney what he suggests. I had all mine since I keep records for years If you are still current on your cc's and LOC's just download the statements to your hard drive.

To others that have not filed yet, download everything you can before you stop making payments. That way you can provide documentation if the Trustee requires it. It can be a problem if you don't have documentation to show your income, assets or liabilities. Look up the posts by JessieGirl to get a glimpse of what can happen.
                Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I had to turn in to my attorney:

Questionaire regarding assests/liabilities and personal income (100 pg)
                  Last two years of W2 and income tax forms (state and fed - 50 pg)
                  Last six months of paycheck stubs (part time and full time) for myself and wife (even though I'm filing by myself) (50 pg)
                  various utility bills and forms (100 pg)

So I estimate I've submitted about 300 pages to my attorney's office. Not too bad. Filing for a CH 7 no assets.

Comment

Wow! I got off easy.

I filled out a 2 or 3 page form regarding assets & liabilities during my consultation. He didn't ask for it, but I also emailed a spreadsheet showing all my financial info, including 6 months of salary and deductions.

When it was time to file, I provided the info requested on a checklist:

* The last 6 months of paycheck stubs
                    * The last 6 months of bank statements and 6 months of check register, including to whom the checks were written
                    * Tax returns for the last 3 years [they ended up only taking 2 years]
                    * All bills for the past 90 days
                    * Credit report: you can get your credit report for free at annualcreditreport.com. Other services will make you pay a fee.
                    * Copies of any lawsuits
                    * Proof of income from any and all sources, including part time work, Social Security, etc.
                    * Copies of insurance policies

He didn't ask for it, but I also gave him print outs from Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds showing the value of my vehicles and copies of my mortgage documents since I'm stripping the 2nd.

I think the attorneys asking for so much info either know the trustee will ask for it or want to do a detailed review of your financial history to make sure there are no surprises.
                    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X