Should lawyer be told of IRS audit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should lawyer be told of IRS audit?

Got notice of audit in mail yesterday for 2008 taxes. They are questioning schedule c expenses on car, travel and gross reciepts on my wife's buisness. She was an independant contractor for a health care company and did extensive traveling that year. If I end up owing what repercussions will that have on my bk13? Should lawyer be contacted if I end up with a balance due? How do the bk courts look at incurring new tax debt? This is my first ever audit and I am a little shaken now that I am almost a year into my bk13.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

You filed in July, and this is potentially tax debt for 2008. So its not new debt... You'd need to amend your plan to include it. Not a major problem, unless you are not paying anything to unsecured - in that case you'll need to increase your monthly payment. Or if your current amount to unsecured cannot be decreased, such as due to non-exempt assets you wanted to keep.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I would wait to see the results.
      If you end up having to pay a large amount, then I'd suggest calling your attorney.
      Chapter 7 No Asset
      Filed January 2010
      341 February 2010
      Discharged April 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X