Cash on Hand/ Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash on Hand/ Question

I'd like to start with some advice based up my case thus far. Don't file on a Monday.

I filed on a Monday and reported I had $200 or so dollars in my account. I was going off my "available balance" because a check and a couple of debits were pending. The items were not posted as I expected, so when I look at my statement for the date of filing, my balance is more like $700.

I emailed this question to my attorney but I expect I can get an answer faster here. Can anyone offer some insight? Am I going to get in trouble for this?
    Last edited by Jamescott; 03-26-2010, 07:06 AM. Reason: Mistakenly Posted

If you end up having to provide bank statements to the trustee - yes there could be trouble. UNLESS you have exemptions available to protect that extra $.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA View Post
      If you end up having to provide bank statements to the trustee - yes there could be trouble. UNLESS you have exemptions available to protect that extra $.
      I already know I have to provide statements for the day of filing. While I moved to Minnesota, I have to file using Colorado Exemptions and there are no provisions for cash on hand.

Do I need to amend my documents to reflect what my statement will show? Or should I simply bring my statements and explain this fact at the 341? I also printed statements from the days in question that show the pending items, along with the "available balance."

Again, I emailed my attorney but would appreciate additional insight.

Comment

Hello Jamescott, Colorado exempts earned income (EIC) and Chart tax credits
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X