Another family member notified of my BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another family member notified of my BK

Recently Chase Bank told another family member about my BK. This family member has the same name as me and was having problems with their Chase Mastercard because of MY BK. Now obviously myself and this family member have different middle names and SS numbers, so it seems to me that Chase was a bit irresponsible with my information being given away so easily. What do you all think? Do I have to just accept that Chase was giving my information away so free and easily?

Dealingsdone

Originally posted by dealingsdone View Post
    Recently Chase Bank told another family member about my BK. This family member has the same name as me and was having problems with their Chase Mastercard because of MY BK. Now obviously myself and this family member have different middle names and SS numbers, so it seems to me that Chase was a bit irresponsible with my information being given away so easily. What do you all think? Do I have to just accept that Chase was giving my information away so free and easily?

Dealingsdone
    This does sound like either 'Libel pro se' or an invasion of privacy.

BUT, here is what happened to my ex wife. She started to bounce checks. She received many reports in the mail and that her checking account had been closed.

She went over to the bank and three cashiers stood up white faced. She asked what is this deal about? The retort was "errr, well Ma'am you are dead". She said "what are you talking about?" We closed your account you are dead. After addressing the major officer of the bank he stated to her, that the obituary in the newspaper had her correct name including middle, the town and the age. We are in a small county. My ex-wife stated that "you did not ask the funeral parlor to verify the SS?" He was belligerent and said he didn't have to. She stated she needed her account opened, all charges reversed and a letter to each NSF (as she had plenty of money in the account). He refused until she stated she was going to the papers. What kind of deal it this?

SOOOOoooo Stuff happens. Her death was a bit of an exaggeration. But this is a true story. 'Hub
    Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 10-19-2009, 01:27 PM.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Chase didn't share anything that wasn't public record did they?
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
        Chase didn't share anything that wasn't public record did they?
        I guess since I have a case number everything is public record now. So if that is the case, I guess they just passed along public record to my family member.

Comment

Originally posted by dealingsdone View Post

Dealingsdone
          What the problem here may be is that your credit reports are intertwined due to the names being the same. Happens a lot so you need to pull all your credit reports and see what is going on. Also happens in the case of identity theft so I would get that all cleaned up if that is the problem. It may not be Chase's fault at all....

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X