Just curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Just curious

I claimed B.K. back in the 90' but that is not my question. So here is my question. I know of someone who claimed bk last year chapter 13. I can not figure out how they can finance a home have 3 new cars. Just today financed a BMW go on vacations to new york,aruba, and again going on vac. About 4 to 5 times a year. WTF plus have more things than anyone. I just dont get it. They always have cash and can go get loans. Am I missing something or dont understand about the new bk laws? I know they said they have a trustee or something how can I find out what they claimed? I am still having a hard time getting financing from my BK.(chap 7) Confused here.

They are abusing the system which makes it harder for the honest people who truely need relief. They must be getting unreported income or illegal income of some sort. Even at 100% payback they could honestly not go on vacations 2x per year and finance anything while in a chapter 13 plan. I would like to have their lawyer! They will never make it and there case will be dismissed. Hard to hide that kind of activity for 5 years.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

You didn't know? It's all part of the new Obama plan. It was part of the bailout package that the large banks got, and they passed it on to their customers, as a refund of sorts for all the outrageous interest they had charged through the years. They found religion, sort of like the parable of the tax collector who paid back multiple times what he had stolen from the people. Andy158, I wish I had your secret insight as to people's situations. Luckily, no one here is judgmental and wold not jump to conclusions based on one post with limited details and facts...
      1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
      2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
      4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

Originally posted by fishnut View Post
        Am I missing something
        Sounds like you're missing a lot. Also sounds like you're trying to get into someones business......
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Are these folks your neighbors, the Joneses by chance?
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I claimed B.K. back in the 90' but that is not my question. So here is my question. I know of someone who claimed bk last year chapter 13. I can not figure out how they can finance a home have 3 new cars. Just today financed a BMW go on vacations to new york,aruba, and again going on vac. About 4 to 5 times a year. WTF plus have more things than anyone. I just dont get it. They always have cash and can go get loans. Am I missing something or dont understand about the new bk laws? I know they said they have a trustee or something how can I find out what they claimed? I am still having a hard time getting financing from my BK.(chap 7) Confused here.
            "Things" are just junk that debt pays for. Peace is the real prize that will reward a person. You do not know how empty their lives may be and how many sleepless night they have. Perhaps they are attempting to fill a void in their lives with "things".

That being said, they are spilling over into your life and bothering you. Why are you letting this happen?

The Tenth Commandment: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

No I am not jealous, Actually it is a relative. That let a huse go with a 500,000 mtg and got a new home 3 months after at 2500 per month, just bought a bmw this past sunday, going to punta gorda in 5 days just got back from a vac in New york last month, just got back from Vegas with a 7 day stay in Aug went to aruba in Jan all while in Bk chap 13. Also remodel their new home and add game room and 5 plasma tv. ok tell me what is wrong with this picture. oh they have 2 other brand new cars also, just got motorcyles.

Comment

No I am not jealous, Actually it is a relative. That let a huse go with a 500,000 mtg and got a new home 3 months after at 2500 per month, just bought a bmw this past sunday, going to punta gorda in 5 days just got back from a vac in New york last month, just got back from Vegas with a 7 day stay in Aug went to aruba in Jan all while in Bk chap 13. Also remodel their new home and add game room and 5 plasma tv. ok tell me what is wrong with this picture. oh they have 2 other brand new cars also, just got motorcyles.
                The real question is; how does this affect you? If they are getting "stuff" by ill gotten gain, sooner or later, they will be caught. If they are in bk, in theory, they must ask their Trustee permission to spend or get more on credit. Perhaps they misled you and they are not in bk at all?

These things should not upset you as this is not your household or concern. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

No I am not jealous
                  Really? Could have fooled me.

You do what's right in your life and be content with that. Karma is always lurking around for those that don't. She don't need your help.
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

What is wrong with this picture is you are obsessed with a family member who appears to you to have more than they should. To correct the picture get over them.
                    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X