Timeshare fees in BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeshare fees in BK

I am planning on filing 13 soon. I have a timeshare that I own outright, but I'm behind on the fees. What happens to the timeshare if I file the fees in BK? The timeshare isn't worth anything, I wish the trustee WOULD take it, but I can't even give it away. Will the timeshare company just bill me for more fees next year (which I should be able to pay by then) and write off the ones that I owe now? Or will they somehow take it back? (which I doubt, because I own it). Anybody have any idea?

I can't say for sure but I'm guessing that you can't submit your Timeshare maintenance fees as a dischargable debt. Why don't you donate your timeshare to a charity and take the tax deduction?
    Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
    Last day for objections 1/22/2010
    Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
    Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

According to my attorney, pre-petition fees are dischargable - post petition are not.

I'm surrendering my timeshare because I still have a balance on it, but I did also include the maintenance in my petition.
      Moving ahead with my fresh start!
      Ch 7 Discharge: 12/14/2009
      TT Report of No Dist! 03/31/2010
      Case CLOSED!!!: 04/28/2010

Comment

Like I said, I can't even give it away. I tried to donate it, and the charity wouldn't take it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X