No Reaffirmation mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question No Reaffirmation mortgage

Hi I had filed for bankruptcy on 10 /2005 2 of my cars and my Mortgage accounts were closed, I was able to reaffirm the cars but never realized my Mortgage was also Included, I just got my credit report and saw that the mortgage has not been reporting my payments for the last 3 years and the account is closed, I have a Modular home and nothing but problems with the Mortgage company ripping me off, am I still responsible for this mortgage or can I just walk away? any info would be great. I never sign a reaffirmation paper for the mortgage.

Thanks

If your mortgage was included in the bankruptcy (on your creditor matrix) and you did not sign reaffirmation papers you are not liable for the loan and can walk away. Pull out your original petition and see if they were listed.
    Filed Chapter 7 7/24/2009
    UST Has Questions :unsure: 08/11/2009
    341 Completed !!! 9/1/2009 :clapping:
    DISCHARGED 11/10/2009 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by destitute View Post
      If your mortgage was included in the bankruptcy (on your creditor matrix) and you did not sign reaffirmation papers you are not liable for the loan and can walk away. Pull out your original petition and see if they were listed.
      With my cars I had to sign a reaffirmation paper to reinstate my loan, according to the credit report, the mortgage account was closed

Comment

Originally posted by ilanpro View Post
        With my cars I had to sign a reaffirmation paper to reinstate my loan, according to the credit report, the mortgage account was closed
        Destitute suggested you look at your bankruptcy papers not your credit report.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Your attorney may have a copy of your reaffirm paperwork if you reaffirmed your home. It may also be available on PACER

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X