FIOS - credit check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIOS - credit check?

I am in the middle of my 7, Verizon FIOS is advertising their triple play package in my area. It is much cheaper than what I pay now. Does anyone know if they do a credit check. I don't want to have to make any deposit to get the equipment set up.

If I sign up online, the only info it asks for is a credit card (I was going to use my debt card) no SSN. Can they pull my credit from the info on a debit card?

FiOS is provided by Verizon, which is a utility company. Most of them don't pull real credit reports, they just check to see if you own "them" money.

If you are paying month to month on a credit card, then they bill that. They also bill in advance, so... it's not really credit.

I don't believe that they pull any information. I joined FiOS after filing BK, and I had even BK'd prior Verizon debt (because I listed all debt). They gave me a hassle at first, but I told them the old debt was BK'd and they approved the account, no deposit.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

awsome! Thank you!

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem. Easiest way to find out is actually sign up online. Only Verizon knows exactly what criteria they use to deny service.

P.S. I wish we had FiOS around here!
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
          P.S. I wish we had FiOS around here!
          I have two 30Mbps FiOS lines.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            I have two 30Mbps FiOS lines.
            I just wiped the drool off my chin

Comment

It's always fun when they come out for service, because they see two fiber drops and two ONTs (Optical Network Terminals) on the side of my garage. Luckily, in my neighborhood, they put 4-way splitters at the beginning of each driveway. Then it's about a 150ft run to my garage. My neighbor isn't using FiOS, so I can add 2 more ONTs.

Verizon FiOS is also offered at 50Mbps here. It's too expensive though... being in a Chapter 13 and all.

Not to make you drool, but I am usually able to download files at 1.75MB/sec (megaBYTES, not megabits). We were having this conversation in another area of this site on why we don't have consistent infrastructure, like internet services, everywhere in the Country. It was mentioned that many parts of Japan enjoy 100Mbps fiber. Now, FiOS can go that high and higher, but it's still not offered. The average speed (DSL) in the US is about 600Kbps.

Comment

It's always fun when they come out for service, because they see two fiber drops and two ONTs (Optical Network Terminals) on the side of my garage. Luckily, in my neighborhood, they put 4-way splitters at the beginning of each driveway. Then it's about a 150ft run to my garage. My neighbor isn't using FiOS, so I can add 2 more ONTs.

Verizon FiOS is also offered at 50Mbps here. It's too expensive though... being in a Chapter 13 and all.

Not to make you drool, but I am usually able to download files at 1.75MB/sec (megaBYTES, not megabits). We were having this conversation in another area of this site on why we don't have consistent infrastructure, like internet services, everywhere in the Country. It was mentioned that many parts of Japan enjoy 100Mbps fiber. Now, FiOS can go that high and higher, but it's still not offered. The average speed (DSL) in the US is about 600Kbps.
                I've had the 50mpbs since they put it into my neighborhood. I pay less for that than if I got the 30mpbs today. I would get the TV, but I have a real problem putting all of my eggs in one basket. Maybe after my plan gets confirmed I'll get rid of sat tv and go with the FIOS tv if it brings my costs down.

Comment

Originally posted by walkthaplank View Post
                  I've had the 50mpbs since they put it into my neighborhood. I pay less for that than if I got the 30mpbs today. I would get the TV, but I have a real problem putting all of my eggs in one basket. Maybe after my plan gets confirmed I'll get rid of sat tv and go with the FIOS tv if it brings my costs down.
                  I have FiOS tv and it is chaper than Satellite, when you combine it with the FiOS service.

FiOS TV actually requires a level of "internet" service as the guide comes over the Internet. Interesting thing, the new boxes actually do networking over the coax cables, so the boxes can get the guide. I used this "coax" based network to run my network to the garage. Pretty cool!

Comment

I have FiOS tv and it is chaper than Satellite, when you combine it with the FiOS service.

FiOS TV actually requires a level of "internet" service as the guide comes over the Internet. Interesting thing, the new boxes actually do networking over the coax cables, so the boxes can get the guide. I used this "coax" based network to run my network to the garage. Pretty cool!

How often does she make you sleep in the garage?
                    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I have 25MB down and 10MB up cable internet. I am able to get download speeds up to 2-3MB depending on where I'm downloading from. Sometimes it will be in the 1-2MB range.

I used to have FIOS when I lived in a house and it was really nice. I think they have the most impressive HD lineup. Right now my cable company only provides 1 HD channel per movie channel... so its kind of annoying.

We've got the 25MB internet and cable (basic cable, all the movie channels) for a little over 100 a month. I think its like 120 or so... I think it was a pretty good deal considering the speed of the internet.
                      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                        How often does she make you sleep in the garage?
                        Actually, she uses the garage as a work room. We renovated the garage, so it's quite nice in there. It's 525sqft of space with a closet too. It's not too shabby.

Comment

Actually, she uses the garage as a work room. We renovated the garage, so it's quite nice in there. It's 525sqft of space with a closet too. It's not too shabby.
                          More and more people are doing just that. It's a very inexpensive way to add square footage especially if you don't have a basement.

My 576 square foot garage doesn't even have room for the cars at this point in time so it won't be converted to usuable space any time soon!

Comment

Verizon FIOS does do a credit check. They ran my credit a month or so ago. I don't think credit matters much though. I have numerous charge offs and tax liens and was approved with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by BKorbust View Post
                              Verizon FIOS does do a credit check. They ran my credit a month or so ago. I don't think credit matters much though. I have numerous charge offs and tax liens and was approved with no issues.
                              They may only be looking for other Verizon accounts or other TelCo accounts. They definitely don't use FICO.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X