Is it true You cann't use your CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it true You cann't use your CC

At all if you about to file Bantruptcy,I don't mean to the max,but i have to buy FOOD next week and I was plaing to put it on a credit card.

If you need to use your card for necessities, go ahead. But you need to ask yourself if filing bk right now will help you? Are you going to be able to support yourself post BK without the use of Credit Cards? If not, you may want to wait to file bk until your situation stabalizes.

Good Luck!
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

tHANK YOU i LIVE WITH MOM &Dad who only asking 250 a month in food.I feel once I get this big debt in control Ican rebuild my life.It's my fault but I Blame the CC.I get these loan at 4.0 for the life of the loan,but they jack them up to 12 now 17 somehow.I was paying 99 to 150 a month.now 20 to 400 a month over 1700 in bills.I get 700 a month.I will pay Mom dad 250 & my Lawyer & let the BK deal with the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by staron View Post
        tHANK YOU i LIVE WITH MOM &Dad who only asking 250 a month in food.I feel once I get this big debt in control Ican rebuild my life.It's my fault but I Blame the CC.I get these loan at 4.0 for the life of the loan,but they jack them up to 12 now 17 somehow.I was paying 99 to 150 a month.now 20 to 400 a month over 1700 in bills.I get 700 a month.I will pay Mom dad 250 & my Lawyer & let the BK deal with the rest.
        I would look at other options beside bankruptcy if I were in your situation. How much debt do you have? What other living expenses do you have?
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I think I read your other post and you stated that you were debt $10k, right? Now I wouldn't go filing BK over a $10k debt (that's me and I realize that 10k is a lot to some people), try to find other solutions, maybe you can pay your debt once you get a job or try calling your creditors and working out something.

Good Luck!
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

if you live with your family you may have to include their incomes on any bankruptcy documents you fill out. Although you are independent, you share a house with them and the trustee will think their disposable income is available to you.

Comment

100,000 in debt I am in and I have want to the CC some have giving me a better deal ,but a few want,BOFA just jack my rate up.

Comment

100,000 in debt I am in and I have want to the CC some have giving me a better deal ,but a few want,BOFA just jack my rate up.
                Oh, okay...$100k, that's a different story
                9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
                  If you need to use your card for necessities, go ahead. But you need to ask yourself if filing bk right now will help you? Are you going to be able to support yourself post BK without the use of Credit Cards? If not, you may want to wait to file bk until your situation stabalizes.

Good Luck!
                  Right-on. Now also our OP should check out Angelfoodministries.com for a local outlet. Food is good, not gourmet, but good. No need for any reason to get the great deal and no limit. Very cheap and good stuff and they do take food stamps.

'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X