top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not eligible for Obama plan until after 4-years???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not eligible for Obama plan until after 4-years???

was just told by my lender that we are not eligible for the Obama plan until after 4-years after discharge! i've been speaking to these people for months and was never told this. what the... did i miss something here or is this the lender's policy?

now looking into modification due to hardship... may be the better route after all, but this seems to be a non-option for those who file bk (at least for 4-years)...
    Filed: April 2009
    341 Meeting: April 28, 2009
    Discharge: July 1, 2009

Nothin in the Obama says that.

Comment

just wondering, were you trying to do the fannie mae/freddie mac refinance?

Comment

yes, my loan is a fannie/freddie.

this is the first time that i've heard of this 4-years thing. i'm going to call back and ask where this is within the obama plan...

Comment

Originally posted by newbeginning View Post
          was just told by my lender that we are not eligible for the Obama plan until after 4-years after discharge! i've been speaking to these people for months and was never told this. what the... did i miss something here or is this the lender's policy?

now looking into modification due to hardship... may be the better route after all, but this seems to be a non-option for those who file bk (at least for 4-years)...
          Sounds like the bank is giving you an excuse because you probably do not qualify for the modification. You have eto meet certain qualifications (i.e. income, steady job, etc.) to be eligible for any modification. There is nothing in the Obama plan and being eligible for a modification 4 years after a BK discharge.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
            You have eto meet certain qualifications (i.e. income, steady job, etc.) to be eligible for any modification.
            Steady job just about disqualifies everyone in america right now.

Edit: well, I was thinking secure job... but still.

Comment

Originally posted by falken View Post

You're right, neither a steady or secure job exists. The best career in today's world is a bk lawyer.

Bamanomics will inflate fixed income people into bk as well. It takes about a year for inflation to hit as everyone still has confidence in what is printed upon a piece of paper. The same piece of paper that says $100 can also say $1. It's worthless dirty paper. What is stands for is labor and goods. When too much paper is printed, and too few goods are being manufactured (as in our Country) and China stops taking the dollar, you will see Wallyworld raising the prices on their junk.

The cost of fuel has gone up due to Government, EPA, and use of ethanol a very inefficient fuel. Alcohol puts out far less energy than gasoline and the E85 mix you can buy here and there, can damage your engine. 'Hub

Edit: P.S. if you turn corn into pressed corn oil, you get about 90% efficiency in a diesel engine.

If you distill it in a mash pot, you get about 10% energy, the rest is waste. Yet, we are stuck on spark plug engines when there are alternatives today, right now. My '04 Jetta four cylinder diesel gets 42 MPH, and yes, I have burned used french fry oil (corn oil) in it without a problem. (also no road tax on french fry oil, YET.)
              Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 07-09-2009, 03:51 AM.
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by falken View Post

Federal government jobs seem to be secure.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

The Obama Administrations Financial Stability Plan's MAKING HOME AFFORDABLE includes incentives for lenders to refinance and modify eligible mortgages.

If you recently filed a bankruptcy and were told you were not eligible for a refi under Making Home Affordable, that may very well be the lenders policy. I believe Fannie/Freddie loans have a 2 year (not exactly sure on the amount of time) post BK wait for refi. If you are not a Fannie/Freddie, then the wait may be different. BTW, for a refi, I think you can shop lenders.

You may still be eligible for a modification under the same Making Home Affordable Plan if you have a hardship. There are no bankruptcy restrictions for a modification under Making Home Affordable that I am aware of. Someone in active bankruptcy may have more hoops to jump through to get a modification which is difficult, time consuming and frustrating enough without an active bankruptcy. Even so, bankruptcy should not stop someone from pursuing a modification, they just may have to work harder.

Comment

i have a steady job and income. due to my wife's stage iv cancer, we are unable to bring in more income, so hardship is present.

i am looking into modification, but am starting to consider whether shopping around for refinance may be a better option. i think we can cover any fees involved if it means a lower interest rate and single mortgage (currently with a second).

Comment

i have a steady job and income. due to my wife's stage iv cancer, we are unable to bring in more income, so hardship is present.

i am looking into modification, but am starting to consider whether shopping around for refinance may be a better option. i think we can cover any fees involved if it means a lower interest rate and single mortgage (currently with a second).
                      Because of the how new Making Home Affordable is and the possibility the people handling the mod applications know probably less than you do about the eligibility criteria for MHA, it can take months to get an an answer from your lender. Even if you pursue a refi, I would also actively and aggressively pursue a modification under MHA. Doesn't have to be one or the other, you can look into and fill out the paperwork for both.

If you are successful in modifying your mortgage under MHA, those mods are permanent after a 3 month trial period. If your monthly mortgage payment is greater than 31% of your families gross, you may be eligible. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                        Federal government jobs seem to be secure.
                        That is all the "stimulus" did was secure government jobs, IMO.
                        Attorney Retained 4/27/09
                        Projected Ch 7 Filing Oct/09

Comment

Originally posted by tatt2monster View Post
                          That is all the "stimulus" did was secure government jobs, IMO.
                          Bingo!
                          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

The best career in today's world is a bk lawyer.

I hear collections is pretty "HOT" as well.
                            Filed July 7,2009
                            341 August 24,2009 (completed)
                            Discharged 10-28-09(Thank You Lord.)
                            Case closed 10-29-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X