Just kind of funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just kind of funny

My Mom has a 2005 cadillac that I leased under my name when credit was good.

Now in February of this year she bought the lease out.

The lease matured in January.

Yesterday I went to the mailbox and found a note ( handwritten ) that said " immediate action required to stop legal action" Turn your car in" Avoid immideate legal action and it gave a cell phone number and a name.

I called and was told that the guy worked for GMAC and he searched around for my name and address.

He told me that my payments were three months late.

I asked him if he was a repo guy and he said no, that he worked for GMAC.

I said, Robert, robert, robert, don't BS me. Since when do GMAC collection managers give out their cell phone numbers and he stayed quite.

I told him that GMAC did not even own the loan, that Citibank did. He then called abd confirmed what I said.

I think it is funny to think that this guy hung around my house for a few weeks looking for a 3 year old Caddy while I drive an 11 year old jeep.

He was probably wondering, when is this guy going ever going drive his car???? It probably frustrated him to no end.

Jeez, even with all my problems I gotta pick up non existent ones.

He was a jerk for leaving a note in plain sight where neighbors could have seen it so it serves him right.
    Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Sounds like everyone is getting really desperate and creative ....making debt out of nothing. You have had more than your fair share of people trying to take advantage of you. How in the world would he confuse a Citibank paid loan with a GMAC unpaid lease??
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by Lajazz947 View Post
      I said, Robert, robert, robert, don't BS me.

BWAHAHA!!! Well played!

I so wish I could come up with calm, cool, clever responses like this one on the spot. The clever comments come to me after the fact.

Comment

I trust he put a stamp on his note in the mailbox. If not forward it to your local postmaster.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Oooo, good point!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X