Advise ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all,

Well I was able to get the bank to return a check and thus had some cash for the weekend. I know that it bad, but it was neccessary.

I am praying hard that my mom will be able to lend us some money for the rest of the month.
    I feel just sick about it.

I have been doing more research and it looks like the means test is going to be tight and time will no do anything to change that.

I am getting stuff together to possibly list on Craigslist, as I have some nice clothes the girls have outgrown and other odds & ends.

Thank you for all your support.

Comment

Good luck sweetie

Comment

Good luck to you. Hang in there. Hope things get better for you soon.

Comment

Go to your food stamp office if you qualify they can issue benefits immediately if you have less than 100.00 on hand.

Comment

Hi again,

Sadly with my mom on vacation she is unable to help until she gets home next week. I love her and I am totally sick to ask her for help, but she does not realize that she doesn't have to be in person at her bank, she is just old fashion.

I called about the food stamps and we do not qualify.

I do have some gold pieces of jewerly to sell. Does anyone recommend once place over another?

Thanks again for the kind words.

Comment

do you have any food in the pantry that you can return, even without a receipt, just to give yourself some cash to buy what is needed? I used to do that.

Not sure about the gold.

Did you pay the utilities with cash or check? Perhaps you can do a stop payment (taking the hit on the fee) and then having some cash until the end-of-the-month?
              They will not shut you off immediately. Then you can have the cash to use for now.

What is the situation there? you, DH and kids? Is your Mom aware of how dire the situation is?

In the past I would borrow $25 from a trusted non-judgemental friend just to get my self to the last couple days til I got paid.

Do you belong to a church or even another church will help you? Or even a local food pantry will help you out.
              Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
              Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
              341 Meeting 01/05/2009
              Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

Do you have a change jar or do your kids have piggy banks? It's amazing how much you can gather in coins--and you can pay your kids back later.

In terms of selling your jewelry, the best advice I've heard is to go to a local, privately-owned jewelry store that advertises that they buy. You'll get a better price than a pawn shop and WAY more than Cash4Gold and similar scams.
                27 May 09: File Ch7
                6 Jul 09: 341 Meeting, declared asset case, 341 continued
                6 Aug 09: Continued 341 meeting, came to settlement with TT
                6 Sept 09: Last Date for Creditor Objections

Comment

momxx5 , how was the meeting with the lawyer ?
                  341 Meeting 01/05/2009
                  Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

Out of curiosity, how is that the "means test is going to be tight" yet you have no money?

Most people who are "tight" on the means test just simply stop paying credit cards and bam...money?

I am not trying to be critical or anything like that, but seems unusaul for someone to have income and be borderline on the means test to be in situation having to get loans from family and friends to have money. What is in your budget that is eating up all your money?

Comment

Meeting the atty was good. We will hire him 3/31. I am hoping the new median numbers for NC will help us.

DH's income is over the median, but I am hoping the means test will show expenses for 7 with out any DMI left over.

DH is paid monthly...last day of month. I caught up on all the bill....electric, phone, cell, internet, water, gas, etc. and "thought" I had $300 left for the month. I can really make that stretch. But insurance was due and then poof it was gone.

I explained to the atty that we must be able to get the Chap 7 because if you look at our last 3 month bank statement we have been overdrawn. There has been no cc activity charges at all, previous I was paying some cc, but that stopped in Nov, so we are 60+days late and some in collections.

DH was making good money however his job is not recession proof. His income declined over $600 from Dec to Jan.

I wish we could file sooner just to stop the calls.

Quick question: While filing do we get to use our bank account? Will I be able to use the money to get the kids some new shoes, etc?

Thanks again for the warm wishes. It makes me feel like I'm not alone (haven't told anyone) and it makes me feel less of a failure.
                      Hugs to all.

Comment

None of us here are failures--and the mother of five children is a hero in my books! I look at this as a business decision. We are doing what is best for the family. Yes, we made some mistakes, but there were also some circumstances beyond our control. When you're in over your head and it's no longer a matter of cutting back and careful budgeting, the smart decision is to cut your losses, file, and get on with life.
                        27 May 09: File Ch7
                        6 Jul 09: 341 Meeting, declared asset case, 341 continued
                        6 Aug 09: Continued 341 meeting, came to settlement with TT
                        6 Sept 09: Last Date for Creditor Objections

Comment

momxx5, if you are over and your lawyer can not find the excess money to pay out a chapter 13, it forces a chapter 7
                          341 Meeting 01/05/2009
                          Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                            Out of curiosity, how is that the "means test is going to be tight" yet you have no money?

Most people who are "tight" on the means test just simply stop paying credit cards and bam...money?

I am not trying to be critical or anything like that, but seems unusaul for someone to have income and be borderline on the means test to be in situation having to get loans from family and friends to have money. What is in your budget that is eating up all your money?
                            I am one of those! I am above median income. I have a mortgage of about 1500 a month and two car payments and student loan and lots of credit card debt. I found that I was living off the credit cards. I was paying the minimum and then once I had credit available, I would use that to go to the grocery store on, buy gas, clothes, etc. Now, I am buying those things with my paycheck instead of paying those credit cards and I am still living paycheck to paycheck!
                            "Don't let your wants overload your a**"
                            (author unknown)

Comment

I love Angelfoodministries.com. Ms. MomXX05 please look up their local drop place. They keep back some food for this purpose. Do not let your pride go before you fall over your ego. We all have been where you are now. Let's deal with the alligators before we worry about draining the swamp. If they have no food at hand, I know they can advance you a bit of currency. They mostly work out of Churches but I have seen other oranizations doing this. The food is good, and plenty of it. I am gaining too much weight. 'Hub
                              Last edited by AngelinaCat; 03-09-2009, 07:58 PM.
                              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by deadbroke99 View Post
                                I am one of those! I am above median income. I have a mortgage of about 1500 a month and two car payments and student loan and lots of credit card debt. I found that I was living off the credit cards. I was paying the minimum and then once I had credit available, I would use that to go to the grocery store on, buy gas, clothes, etc. Now, I am buying those things with my paycheck instead of paying those credit cards and I am still living paycheck to paycheck!
                                That's just it, that means something in your budget is too expensive. If you stop all credit card payments, and still can't make ends meet...you have a problem.

Sorry to be a kill-joy in the love fest, but this probably means you are living beyond your means, OR your housing expense is too much for your income.

Ultimately, to get back on financial track, sacrifices must be made, you are either strong enough to make them or not.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X