Questions about it all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Questions about it all

Hello all, I am recently divorced and have found myself struggling to make the minimum payments to cc's. I was given the pleasure of paying all the cc's because they were in my name, however, I was not the one that ran them up. First question is, I work for the goverment and have a governement cc for travel that is in my name, however, it is backed by the gov and clearly states on it government travel card. Will bankruptcy make me include this cc as well eventhough it is for governement purposes? Second, I have not been able to pay WAMU for about 5 months now and they had sent my account to a CA which had been contacting me. I sent in the debt validation request and since then WAMU as been contacting me again regarding my account. Why would WAMU be contacting me again since they had sent it to a CA? Thanks for everyone's advice.

Is the government card in your name or the agency you work for and you're simply an authorized user? If you are responsible for the debt it's yours and will become part of the filing. If the card is the government's and you are only authorized to use it and they pay the bills it's not your debt.

The CA sent it back to WAMU for validation and they've kept it and are pursuing you again. They'll refer or sell it to another CA soon enough.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X