how do you find an attorney??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you find an attorney??

I am having no luck finding one. Was hoping to find one who deals mainly in BK's.
    How did you find yours?

Got referrals from my real estate attorney and also googled BK attorneys in my area.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

If you list the area you live in on these boards you just might get some private message referrals from your neighbors. It worked for me and I'm very pleased with the attorney we ended up with.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

You DEFINITELY want one who specializes in bankruptcy, but not a "bankruptcy mill." I got mine by asking some attorney friends of mine for referrals. Two of them gave the same name, so I went with that guy. It couldn't have been smoother or easier for me. Do you know any lawyers who might know someone?

Comment

I had success with getting a few referrals from my county's bar association and making free initial consultations.

Comment

another option is go to 341's and see who is on the ball has their paperwork in order, etc. My lawyer was OK but some of the lawyers i saw at the 341 made their clients at ease and knew their stuff.
            Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
            341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

thanks everyone I dont really know who I could ask. I am in Brown county Ohio if anyone knows of someone

Comment

Originally posted by seekininfo View Post
                thanks everyone I dont really know who I could ask. I am in Brown county Ohio if anyone knows of someone

If you don't get any specific names PM'd to you try calling some attorneys that participate in the Ohio Bar Association's referral service http://ohiobar.org/pub/?articleid=72

Comment

My attorney was a referral from credit counselor. Was a great choice.

Comment

Call your trustee's office and ask. No one knows BK lawyers better than s/he does.

Comment

i havent heard from mine since he got his money...
                      "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

Originally posted by floridian View Post
                        i havent heard from mine since he got his money...
                        I suspect most don't send weekly updates. If you need to discuss something with your attorney, you should take the initiative.
                        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X