income verification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

income verification?

If you are currently unemployed, and have no income- what does the trustee ask for to prove that?

My husband has been unemployed for a few months now, and we just thought about that.

Do they search IRS records, or state records with his social to see if any income has been reported in the last 6 months?

I guess i don't understand if people cash their checks for things like unemployment or whatever else- how is that proven? Obviously it wouldn't be reported for 2009 taxes yet...

We just don't want to get pushed over the median because of a couple unemployement checks, you know?

BTW- he's not on unemployment; not even sure if he'll qualify anyway..

Any help is appreciated
    Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
    341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
    Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
    Discharged: 1/28/2010

The trustee will ask if he's on unemployment most likely. He may follow up with a search or not depends on how he feels about your answer.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

If he receives unemployment benefits you could include the stubs from those.
      Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
      Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
      341 Meeting 01/05/2009
      Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

Nothing to worry about if you tell the truth.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X